Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick to Bournemouth and new player coming in tomorrow? (mod: title edited)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So, if I am reading this thread correctly, we are not signing Michael Owen after all?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Tweet from Brian Owen "For those asking, Gus told me "no closer" to a striker earlier this evening. I almost hestitate to tweet that as I know things can change......but that is what I was told in early evening.

That sounds to me as though he's heard something, or am I clutching at straws.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
But hes not said...no new striker ! Hes planning to start with what we have , but i reckon something will happen in the next week. As great as we think we are..as big as we think we are...we still have a restrictive wage policy , which basically knocks 90% of the NSC wish targets on the head . Im not sure 'eez complicated '...'eez realistic'. He will pull something out of the hat !

Agree that our wage policy might be restricting us but a load could be freed up by getting rid of 3 or 4 where we are well provided for and have adequate cover. I'm bemused at his seeming reluctance to off load and free up some wages

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Tweet from Brian Owen "For those asking, Gus told me "no closer" to a striker earlier this evening. I almost hestitate to tweet that as I know things can change......but that is what I was told in early evening.

Don't you mean Michael Owen?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

If he's no closer surely he hasn't heard anything?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that our permanent striker target and our guaranteed back up loan striker target, if we can't agree terms could be one and the same person - Carlton Cole

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
But hes not said...no new striker ! Hes planning to start with what we have , but i reckon something will happen in the next week. As great as we think we are..as big as we think we are...we still have a restrictive wage policy , which basically knocks 90% of the NSC wish targets on the head . Im not sure 'eez complicated '...'eez realistic'. He will pull something out of the hat !

That

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
CMS won't be match fit for the start of the season even if he is fit, so what happens if Barnes, who arguably isn't really a striker, gets injured in tonight's friendly at Crawley? We have a v small squad of players up front and it worries me that we have yet to sign anyone who can knock the ball in the net with regularity. With such a strong midfield and defence it would be a shame if we let ourselves down again when we got to the final third.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
It is threads like this that make me realise just how sad I have become. Arrive at work at 6.30am and spend next half hour pouring over every word on signing threads. As a consequence of this illness I have read Brian Owens tweet many times and decided there is some substance behind it, he appears to have chosen his words carefully and is pretty precise in saying early evening as if the club are expecting things to change..

Now off to the doctors for a cure!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here