Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tommy Docherty RIP

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Obviously different times, but listening to him on Manchester local radio in January 1990 after Oldham had thrashed us in the FA Cup, when asked by his co host James Reeve to comment on the Albion’s pink away kit he replied “ Not only did they look like homosexuals they played like them as well” 🙈

Like I said different times, but a top bloke, saw him speak at the Hove Town Hall at one of Tony Millard’s Sportsman’s Dinners, RIP The Doc.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
RIP

His United side stopped Liverpool from doing the treble

Classic Cup Final that

3 goals in the space of about 5 minutes

Seem to remember a photo of TD with the lid of the Cup on his head

Believe Jimmy Case got the Liverpool goal that day!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Turned Utd round after their relegation.

Didn’t he run off with the physio’s wife?

True character - RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He got a biffing for that if I remember right.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Turned Utd round after their relegation.

Didn’t he run off with the physio’s wife?

True character - RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A love match. Still married after 42 years. Po faced ManUre sacked him for it. Classless. But times were very wanky back then. Ask Das Reich - he's still living in them :shrug:

RIP the other doc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Obviously different times, but listening to him on Manchester local radio in January 1990 after Oldham had thrashed us in the FA Cup, when asked by his co host James Reeve to comment on the Albion’s pink away kit he replied “ Not only did they look like homosexuals they played like them as well” 🙈

Like I said different times, but a top bloke, saw him speak at the Hove Town Hall at one of Tony Millard’s Sportsman’s Dinners, RIP The Doc.

Indeed. After recalling my old man's casual racism, one can only let the absurdities and stupidities of different times go, perhaps with one eyebrow raised. Do it now, of course, and reap the whirlwind and rightly so. Sometimes I wonder how many generations I'd need to go back in my ancestry before I came across a rapist or a cannibal :shrug:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Went to the Cup Tie with Chelsea in '67 and the replay. Remember Archie Macauley had his Chelsea team turfed off the pitch before KO for daring to do a warm up ! Chelsea(h)67.jpg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Went to the Cup Tie with Chelsea in '67 and the replay. Remember Archie Macauley had his Chelsea team turfed off the pitch before KO for daring to do a warm up !View attachment 131954

Used to collect autographs and the Chelsea game was no exception and we camped outside the Dudley Hotel after school for several evenings. We were there one evening when it was getting a bit late and the Doc came out and said, “OK lads, that’s enough today.” He took us inside the hotel, gave us all a coke, and sent us on our way. Top bloke. RIP Doc.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Went to 'An Evening With' himself and Ron 'Chopper' Harris at The Romans pub in Southwick a few years ago. Great night and Tommy was on top form, he said right at the begining " you can ask me anything you like lads, no subject is off limits", some hilarious stories from the pair of them.
RIP Tommy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here