Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Tom'll Fix It

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Could you please change the musak being played while I hold? I don't like Coldplay.

You were lucky. I rang up to ask about my boiler not working the other day when it was -2 and found I was being played "Feeling Hot Hot Hot" by The Merrymen.

D

Deleted member 2719

Is it true you have a book about to launch called 'confession of a boiler man'?

And that one chapter is called 'O ring makes your vessel steam'?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Could you please change the musak being played while I hold? I don't like Coldplay.

Good point, well made. We will sub-contract the choice of musak to our friend and colleague [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION]. Believe me, you will soon learn to love Coldplay.

While I have you: My Georgian double fusee bracket clock has stopped. I cannot find the on/off switch; can you help please?

Is this a wind-up? If so, have you tried winding it up?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have a clearly soothed mole that has taken up residence in my rarely-used kettle. I am wasting gas by boiling each cuppa's worth in a small pan, so my question to you is how do i dispose of this merry, blind, drownable wee mammal? And should i track down its to carry out similar actions?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I have a clearly soothed mole that has taken up residence in my rarely-used kettle. I am wasting gas by boiling each cuppa's worth in a small pan, so my question to you is how do i dispose of this merry, blind, drownable wee mammal? And should i track down its to carry out similar actions?
Surely you can get mole removal on the NHS?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Yes, no, maybe, I don't know
Can you repeat the question?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Having trouble with your central heating? Boiler packed up? Electrical appliance not applying itself?

Post your technical mechanical queries here, for prompt invaluable advice :thumbsup:

You will not be charged for this service.

I bought a self assemble table two weeks ago and so far it hasn't, any advice greatly appreciated

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When I turn the hot taps on, I can hear a pipe shaking, it makes a right racket. If I turn it on slowly, it splutters, then clears and I can then have a hot tap on without the shaking noise. Combi boiler. Baxi ecolite. Please fix it for me Tom.

Have you tried hitting the pipe with a hammer ? Three equally-spaced strikes, 30cm apart should do it. If it doesn't work (unlikely) repeat, but with a bigger hammer.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Dear Tom.
I've started getting this wet feeling in my nether regions.
It all started when I was reading some posts on NSC, which gave me the impression that we are not going anywhere with Potterball.
Please don't keep me in (su) [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]

Yours truly

A concerned Albion fan.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm going to give this service 5 stars on Trustpilot and would urge everyone else to do so.

If he doesnt get back to me soon, he will get 1 star review, saying he is was extremely dirty and even when he used his long extension he was unable to sort me out.

A very unsatisfied customer.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Having trouble with your central heating? Boiler packed up? Electrical appliance not applying itself?

Post your technical mechanical queries here, for prompt invaluable advice :thumbsup:

You will not be charged for this service.

Your predecessor arranged or me to milk a cow blindfolded, can you fix me ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is there a simple way of reinitialising the configuration parameters on my computer when it becomes unresponsive?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here