Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed - contract extended according to Premier League

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hmmm... we may be lumbered with a player who isn’t good enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmmm... we may be lumbered with a player who isn’t good enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn’t it a voluntary win-win for the Albion, costing a pin prick of our £135m annual income.

Either we recoup a capital sum on his sale or loan, or we end up with a further backup striker who’s proved he can score at PL level on modest wages.

TB/PB are astute.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Isn’t it a voluntary win-win for the Albion, costing a pin prick of our £135m annual income.

Either we recoup a capital sum on his sale or loan, or we end up with a further backup striker who’s proved he can score at PL level on modest wages.

TB/PB are astute.

Or we could be saving his wages and putting those towards someone who is Premier League quality?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A sensible deal to cover us in case we don't manage to bring in the player we want. I suspect Potter has his eye on specific target

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Even if we sell at a *cut-price-Tomer-must-go* fee, we'll still make massive profit on his wages from now until transfer deadline day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TB does all Albion business for a considered reason. The payback on this must make the potential benefits exceed the cost.

I don't know if it's always been there and I've not noticed it before now, but this summer's second guessing and demeaning of Mr Bloom's business acumen is jawdropping.

Quite how a bunch of fat middle-aged men with nothing better to do than spout forth on a faceless messageboard about Tony's financial dealings can come up with this nonsense staggering in it's stupidity.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I don't know if it's always been there and I've not noticed it before now, but this summer's second guessing and demeaning of Mr Bloom's business acumen is jawdropping.

Quite how a bunch of fat middle-aged men with nothing better to do than spout forth on a faceless messageboard about Tony's financial dealings can come up with this nonsense staggering in it's stupidity.

Didn’t you know the keyboard warriors are all also self made billionaires but they just didn’t want to put their money where their mouths and hearts are?

I’ve been hugely flamed for saying certain things are purely business related [Tau, Ikea etc] by the very same individuals for daring to suggest TB knows what he’s doing and that certain moves will only be for financial gain.

The one that gets me is the belief that we might drop a seven figure fee on a U23 player only to then release them when they don’t necessarily make the grade. I sense the plan ‘works’ if 1 player either makes our squad and improves it before sodding off to the top six for mega money or a la Tau is farmed off to get in the shop window and sold. Oh for the days of four figure deals and sets of tracksuits right?

Move with the times people!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn’t you know the keyboard warriors are all also self made billionaires but they just didn’t want to put their money where their mouths and hearts are?

I’ve been hugely flamed for saying certain things are purely business related [Tau, Ikea etc] by the very same individuals for daring to suggest TB knows what he’s doing and that certain moves will only be for financial gain.

The one that gets me is the belief that we might drop a seven figure fee on a U23 player only to then release them when they don’t necessarily make the grade. I sense the plan ‘works’ if 1 player either makes our squad and improves it before sodding off to the top six for mega money or a la Tau is farmed off to get in the shop window and sold. Oh for the days of four figure deals and sets of tracksuits right?

Move with the times people!

I'm sat here looking at my 'loose change' jar thinking I might need to cash that in soon.
Tony probably has an app on his phone that chimes every time Bloom Inc makes another million pound.

It's tough for me to take anyone other than Tony serious when it comes to matters of a financial nature.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I spotted that too.

The NSC demean-ors seem to be a couple of snide followers of other clubs, plus a gaggle of Hughton devotees still sulking.

Personally, he’s gone up in my estimation, which was already high. Some other clubs fans worship their manager, with their owners despised or disregarded. I think we have it the other way round.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I spotted that too.

The NSC demean-ors seem to be a couple of snide followers of other clubs, plus a gaggle of Hughton devotees still sulking.

Personally, he’s gone up in my estimation, which was already high. Some other clubs fans worship their manager, with their owners despised or disregarded. I think we have it the other way round.

It’s very early for us to despise Harry Potter. Give em at least 4 games.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I am not objecting to him getting a new contract so that we can sell him but to the idea that he could be one of our main striker next season as suggested by some on here.

Just read in the Argus that Potter wants to be able to assess himself everybody on the club's books.

And he has a reputation for being a good coach and getting the best out of people.

I am sure a few players who previously have struggled will come to the fore, and vice versa. Tomer to me always sems to have geen loyal and hard working.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just read in the Argus that Potter wants to be able to assess himself everybody on the club's books.

And he has a reputation for being a good coach and getting the best out of people.

I am sure a few players who previously have struggled will come to the fore, and vice versa. Tomer to me always sems to have geen loyal and hard working.

The piece also says "The new deal is aimed at protecting Albion's own investment in the Israel international rather than allowing him to walk away as a free agent."
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sp...hance-to-force-way-into-potters-albion-plans/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If Tomer is anywhere near being a first choice forward for us next season I fear the worst. Hoping it’s more to do with protecting our investment than a realistic chance of him being a starter.

He was 4th choice between Jan 2018 and May 2018 behind Murray, Locadia, and Ulloa.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If Tomer is anywhere near being a first choice forward for us next season I fear the worst. Hoping it’s more to do with protecting our investment than a realistic chance of him being a starter.

You're probably right, but from what I've seen game by game in the PL - he is no worse nor more injury prone than both Locadia and Andone... Both need to improve vastly in my eyes to warrant being considered a proven better option than Tomer. Locadia in particular was massively underwhelming last season, Andone tenacious but lacking real quality in my eyes. I'm not saying Tomer is the answer, but he's capable of asking questions of those two for sure.

Lest we forget how atrocious we were towards the end of last season... we just, just mind, survived... GP has a huge task to prove the worth of several of last years arrivals... Tomer being around is no bad thing imho.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here