Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed - contract extended according to Premier League

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't think Charlton did get the FA to agree. Brighton cancelled his contract making him a free agent to sign for anyone. Good moral move by the club for all concerned.

Ah, I've read the club site now. I remember Paul Barber saying the paperwork for both players had been completed from our side, and the article I linked did say Charlton were going to appeal.

Brighton cancelling his contract is another way of doing but it is very poor of the FA to mess them around. Surely fax is a very old fashioned way of doing deals nowadays.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Like has been said already.

A player released after the transfer window has shut can’t play for another team until the window re opens.

So unless the rules have changed I assume cancelling his contract was always the plan. I guess we exercised the option in the hope of getting a fee for Tomer and when we couldn’t we cancelled his contract ?

Confusing whatever way it’s played out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Like has been said already.

A player released after the transfer window has shut can’t play for another team until the window re opens.

So unless the rules have changed I assume cancelling his contract was always the plan. I guess we exercised the option in the hope of getting a fee for Tomer and when we couldn’t we cancelled his contract ?

Confusing whatever way it’s played out.

Andy Naylor covers it in The Athletic, seems they found a loophole in the EFL contracts on transfers. Essentially said any player that is a free agent by end of August can still sign on even after Championship window has shut. Hence we released him so he was a free agent

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Top professional always gave his all for the club and a penalty taker you could put your mortgage on to score. Crazy to think what a turning point that non stamp was for him at Brighton. Looked like he was going to cement a place as our main attacking threat and after that never got a look in

Wish him nothing but success at his new club

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Really? I'm amazed, surely they only have rights to a set number?

I believe the agreement between Sky and the FL means all midweek games in the Championship will be shown live. They had the same agreement last season. All last nights Championship games were shown.

I believe the agreement between Sky and the FL means all midweek games in the Championship will be shown live. They had the same agreement last season. All last nights Championship games were shown.
Don't suppose there's a similar arrangement for the League Cup? If Sky are capable of covering 7 matches in one evening then there's every chance we could be on.
Mind you, of the 5 Championship games listed on the Dutch streaming site, Fulham is the only one which won't load.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't suppose there's a similar arrangement for the League Cup? If Sky are capable of covering 7 matches in one evening then there's every chance we could be on.
Mind you, of the 5 Championship games listed on the Dutch streaming site, Fulham is the only one which won't load.
Sky only have rights to 2 League Cup matches each round - and our match was not selected :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here