Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomasz Kuszczak contract

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There is no rush to talk to him. If he is offered a contract elsewhere I would presume the minimum he would do before acting is ask us about our offer. If he is happy here and doesn't want any family upheaval then why wouldn't he stay if we could offer the same as anyone else. The exception would be if it was a Prem club in which case that would depend on where we end the season.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Kooshack: Shot-stopping = Premier League, Distribution = Conference League.

yep if he could kick it he wouldnt be playing for us. Hopefully he will stay as a great keeper at champ level, cant think of any prem league teams where he would walk in as number 1. Reckon he will stay.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wholeheartedly agree with the OP, and have been saying so for some time. Club need to make an exception here, like they did for Ince.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
yep if he could kick it he wouldnt be playing for us. Hopefully he will stay as a great keeper at champ level, cant think of any prem league teams where he would walk in as number 1. Reckon he will stay.

Would he challenge Boruc (spelling?) at Southampton? Rangers fans used to make fun of him when he played at Celtic. I've no idea what his distribution's like, but he doesn't seem a great shot stopper. Ruddy also hasn't had that great a season at Norwich either, despite being England No. 2.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fraser Forster will probably want to come to Prem at some stage too. I think the standard of keeping is pretty high in the Prem.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Kooshack: Shot-stopping = Premier League, Distribution = Conference League.

Agree with this, although you might be a little OTT about his distribution; on this, he threw the ball out effectively a few times against Bolton, I can't remember the last time he did this.
The one thing I'd add is that his positional sense -- probably the most underrated aspect of goalkeeping -- is Premier League standard, too.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
It's really concerning this situation regarding Kooshack contract and if he does leave for free in the summer then can't see us spending any money on a new keeper and will see the club using sexy Pete as number 1 and Custard Pie as back up. People worry about Kooshack distribution but I'm not worried about that as rather have a shot stopper as that is more crucial. Kooshack is a fantastic shot stopper and has gained us so many points this season.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I would not be surprised if Tomasz had a number of offers at the end of the season and in our financial position I doubt we could offer him a large increase in his salary, but he deserves a chance to play in the top league again.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Much as I love Koosh, and he is one of the best goalies I have ever seen for the Albion...is there any Premier League team, that he is better than their existing keeper.
I cant think of any PL team that would want Koosh, except as a back up keeper, and I dont think Koosh would want to sit on the bench all season.

Maybe, he has already signed a contract for next year, and the club aren't releasing any details. I heard today that a regular 1st team squad player has signed a new contract this week, and there has been no news of this released.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
There is no Premier League team he would get into - even those towards the bottom of the table have top quality goalkeepers who are better than him. The only way I could see him leaving is to go to a Championship team where his chances of winning promotion would be greater - say Fulham or somebody newly relegated - or move abroad which would come down to how settled he is the UK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here