Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Or thrown the ball in the net at Birmingham.

One mistake in 40 odd games and about 30 World Class saves most goalies would have been collecting from the back of the net.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One mistake in 40 odd games and about 30 World Class saves most goalies would have been collecting from the back of the net.

Not that he was responsible for the goals he conceded but shame he wasn't able to pull off saves as good as Speroni's against Palace in the plyoffs

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not that he was responsible for the goals he conceded but shame he wasn't able to pull off saves as good as Speroni's against Palace in the plyoffs

Speroni is not fit to wipe the great Man's crack. Don't EVER say that again !

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He knows it and expected it and his reaction at the end of the 2nd leg suggested that he is not happy about another season in the Championship.
If you had seen my reaction at the end of that game you might not expect to see me at the Amex again, but you will.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was said tongue in cheek! Look at the quote in my post.

Don't you think we have enough to worry about with the present situation, without inventing worries, that may or may not happen next season?

Don't be so churlish about Speroni. Hr may play for the scum, but he's a fine keeper.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was said tongue in cheek! Look at the quote in my post.

Don't you think we have enough to worry about with the present situation, without inventing worries, that may or may not happen next season?

Don't be so churlish about Speroni. Hr may play for the scum, but he's a fine keeper.

Speroni is not as good as Bob Smith. FACT.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

He had no chance with either of Zaha's goals.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
the difference being that you do not expect to be at a higher club. I am sure that we signed him on the basis of getting promoted this season or at least Gus expecting us to.

Correct BG. He brought into the promotion ideology.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
the difference being that you do not expect to be at a higher club. I am sure that we signed him on the basis of getting promoted this season or at least Gus expecting us to.

How can you be sure what he was told. There are no guarantees in football. He knew what he was dong when he signed a 2 year contract.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Perhaps the teams that have gone up to the Prem might go for the PIG, does not mean we have to sell him, unless there is a clause in his contract.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Spilloni WAS a very good keeper a couple of season ago. Been going downhill, could see them buying a better keeper if they go up. Maybe a Polish one since they are so popular these days.

Not connected but if we get PIG injured etc. I hope this 17 year old lad from Plymouth is mustard because Casper and Brez are L1 at best!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spilloni WAS a very good keeper a couple of season ago. Been going downhill, could see them buying a better keeper if they go up. Maybe a Polish one since they are so popular these days.

Not connected but if we get PIG injured etc. I hope this 17 year old lad from Plymouth is mustard because Casper and Brez are L1 at best!!!

Exactly so why has TB given Brezovan a new contract. Could this be one of the reasons Gus didnt complete the retained list?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly so why has TB given Brezovan a new contract. Could this be one of the reasons Gus didnt complete the retained list?

I would be EXTREMELY concerned if TB was making decisions about which players to retain or release. I really hope that he was just completing formalities discussed with Gus previously in all cases

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because you do need back-up Keepers in case your "Number 1" so to speak gets injured - christ on a bike :facepalm:

Huddersfield away is a very good example. Kuszczak had an infected finger, Casper was ill so Brezo was in goal.
Watford lost out on automatic promotion due to not having an experienced keeper available on the last day of the season.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I would be EXTREMELY concerned if TB was making decisions about which players to retain or release. I really hope that he was just completing formalities discussed with Gus previously in all cases

That would be rather Dick Knight-ish if he is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here