Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Heaton

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We were interested in him a few months back, just seen that he's been released from Cardiff, pretty surprised at that, I rate him.

Before a lot of people say 'why would we want a keeper who's been released from another Championship side', we've got a keeper who was released from Swindon and a keeper who was released from Leeds, I know who I'd rather have.

We were interested in him a few months back, just seen that he's been released from Cardiff, pretty surprised at that, I rate him.

Before a lot of people say 'why would we want a keeper who's been released from another Championship side', we've got a keeper who was released from Swindon and a keeper who was released from Leeds, I know who I'd rather have.

I'd rather have a keeper who's considered good enough by another championship club.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is an improvement on what we already have so I'd be happy to see him sign for us

falmer seagull

Apr 28, 2012
Well looking at the Argus it seems that we're not getting a new keeper and sticking with we've got going by what Charlie oatway is saying.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We need a proven performer at this level and even above, experience is vital in that position. Heaton does not fit that profile. We need a mid thirties second string at a prem club, who is either out of contract or who wants regular first team football.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'd rather have a keeper who's considered good enough by another championship club.

I'm sure there's a lot of Championship clubs that'd have him, he was second choice at Cardiff as it is, yet a lot of people would have joe lewis ?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Well looking at the Argus it seems that we're not getting a new keeper and sticking with we've got going by what Charlie oatway is saying.

No he says HE is happy with the 2 keepers we have got, but its obvs they asked him a question and that was going to be his response, he not going to say no their cr@p we going to get 2 new keepers, is he? plus he said he hasnt spoke to Gus about it.

But Yh Id have him over what we've got atm but Id rather has Kuszak if hes still free.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We need a proven performer at this level and even above, experience is vital in that position. Heaton does not fit that profile. We need a mid thirties second string at a prem club, who is either out of contract or who wants regular first team football.

I partly agree but Heaton is better than what we've got, I'd love to see Steve Harper back at Brighton but his Mrs doesn't want a move down South.

falmer seagull

Apr 28, 2012
No he says HE is happy with the 2 keepers we have got, but its obvs they asked him a question and that was going to be his response, he not going to say no their cr@p we going to get 2 new keepers, is he? plus he said he hasnt spoke to Gus about it.

But Yh Id have him over what we've got atm but Id rather has Kuszak if hes still free.

Guess you're right, didn't look at it like that.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I read it a minute ago, and I thought he said he had spoken to Gus? But either way, they don't know what's going on. It's just something to fill the back page.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bristol City, Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday have reportedly shown an interest in signing him - he certainly wont want for suitors. Reading his Wiki page I am amazed at how injury prone he seems to be.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Come to the beautiful south, Heaton!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He was soooo dodgy with his feet though. Casper is miles better than him with the ball at his feet, as is Brez. That is a major part of our game. We need a very specific type of keeper.

De Vries off Wolves then !

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Slightly older but Maik Taylor did wonders whilst on loan at Milllwall last year

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cardiff fans didn't rate Heaton last time I looked. He only played in Carling Cup games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here