( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm loving this. Albion fans trying to make a difference for our club :cool:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I sent this to Soccer AM:

Dear Tim Sherwood & Helen Chamberlain,

As you may know (if you’re really unlucky you may have been there!) the Albion are currently stuck at Withdean, a totally unsuitable 7000 capacity athletics ‘stadium’ - though we have a massive fan base and took 31,000 to Cardiff for our Play Off Final win last year.

‘Tom Hark (We Want Falmer)’ by Seagulls Ska is currently at number one in the Amazon.co.uk Hot Pre-Release Chart, above Kylie, Robbie, Cliff and Elvis, and number one best selling single at hmv.co.uk! It’s a rewrite of the Piranhas’ classic football hit by a bunch of ska-loving Brighton fans, reclaiming the song for the Piranhas’ home town with new lyrics supporting Brighton & Hove Albion’s four year campaign for our new stadium at Falmer. All profits from the single will go to our cash-strapped club’s Alive & Kicking Fund.

The single is released on January 3rd, (a month before the Public enquiry is re-opened), on the Falmer For All label, manufactured and distributed by our main sponsors Skint Records.

Please, please help publicise this on Soccer AM it is a great fun single with great lyrics. I can send you a pre-release copy or even arrange for Seagulls Ska to come in & do a brief slot - It is funny, but quality (NOT your usual corny cup song) & could easily be in the top 10 if we sell just 15,000 copies.

Bearing in mind we took 31,000 to the play-off final & with 100's buying several copies from Amazon, HMV & Virgin, this is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

Please pass this email to Tim, Hells-Bells & the Soccer AM production team.

Many thanks, in advance, for your help in this matter.

Regards,

Eddie M*****
Brighton & Hove Albion fan

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is there a main thread on the redtalk message board, though?

I'm sure we wouldn't mind if you put your link in, as long as people buy the single.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Citrus said:

Some interesting comments on there....like:

heard Albion fans moaning at the gaps in the crowd at their first home match in The Championship, but they seemed to think that the vast bulk of missing people were season ticket holders who had not turned up for the match and that other people who wanted to attend could not get tickets via any source... it will be interesting to see how many of the 30k will turn up for a wet midweek fixture in January.

mind you Seano, Seagull fans do flippin moan about flippin everything.... and somehow it never seems to be the clubs fault!

Blimey, I even got slagged off for giving two Albion fans the opportunity to purchase really good play-off tickets at cost (without the need for queuing for 5 hours outside the Withdean) as if it's my flippin fault that the club let me have them!

This thing has been going on for so long now that in the eyes of some people we've become a bunch of moaners which is alarming and sad. Sad because they obviously STILL have no idea of what's been happening and why we're still making loud noises at every opportunity.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Well done everyone - keep 'em coming. I've just taken it in to Southern FM.
Did an interview with Claire Martin, very much on our side BUT when I asked if wshe could get it playlisted she said it would be 'a challenge' because the playlist was put together by the programme controller in London (we knew that already)
Well, if that's the case our 'challenge' will be to see how many emails we can send him asking him to playlist it!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
deleted because of Attila's Southern FM post below

Last edited:

Hey! Things get better. This record is now CONTROVERSIAL.

Latest Review from the Amazon site:-

Is this the worst single ever?, December 8, 2004

Reviewer: cagoul from Seagull City, Florida

Attila will be known to many for his annual Christmas hits, and who among us doesn't own at least one copy of "Mistle toe and wine", "Danny Boy", "Waterloo" or "The Birdy Song". Sadly this year, the youthful genius has well and truely lost his way with this awful cover of a traditional Bahaman Christmas song.

:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here