Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Daley documentary, BBC ONE

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very level headed young man as opposed to some sportsman these days.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Probably THE number one gay pin-up of recent times, although now that he's got hairy arms and legs he's lost some of his gay fanbase (allegedly cough).

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Very level headed young man as opposed to some sportsman these days.

You say that and I agree to some extent but I did get the impression his manager (I believe) was out to create brand Daley in the same way we have brand Beckham more than encouraging him to win this sport. Not sure if it was just the way it was filmed but I got the impression he does more photo shoots than training and they had all accepted that the Chinese would win everything.
I got the feeling he could end up the usual plucky British runner up more interested in the being a superstar than winning. Dont want to sound like its his fault more those around him but very emotional stuff.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great watch and worth staying up for
wonder how he might manage without the closness of his Dad
wish him well for the next big challenge

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This

Was a good watch, but he is so incredibly over-hyped - a bit like Emile Heskey. Cant see him winning more than a Bronze myself and then followed with lots of moaning.

Surely much more like David Beckham, I'd argue Heskey is the EXACT opposite - hugely underrated by a lot of people.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
he is so incredibly over-hyped - .

Gold this year at the European championships.
Gold in 2008 at the same championships (at the age of FOURTEEN)

WORLD CHAMPION at FIFTEEN.

2 golds at the commonwealth games (includes the bloody good aussies)

I would say he is not 'over-hyped' in the slightest. No one has claimed this is nailed on, as it's certainly not with the chinese around.

But he is one of our very few who is 'one of the best' in the world. Class act.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Compare last nights doc with the Pendleton one last week. She came across as incredibly self confident in sporting terms but a fragile flower in 'life' terms. the worst thing that happened to her was people finding out about her partner.

Yet here was Daley who with the naivety of youth, could have seem self absorbed, but actually came across very level headed. To lose your father, your mentor and your friend (rolled into one) at that age is terrible for anybody. But that moment when he realised that his dad wouldn't be travelling with him anymore, let alone see him at London 2012 was really quite heartbreaking.

I know the chances are stacked against him with the chinese team but he was world champion a few years ago and I hope that things come together for him and he gets the Gold medal.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I thought he came across as a lovely level headed lad, good luck to him & with loss of his Dad too, very sad! Dad was only 41!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here