Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Cairney

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Vydra playing for Watford once tore the Albion and Adam El Abd a new one, at the AMEX, on TV, over the Christmas period.

From that moment on, right up until this Summer, the no imagination crew on NSC would tell us that all the teams ills could be cured by signing Vydra.

Nothing Vydra did after that 1 game could have changed the opinion of some on here.

I know - I read that on here and I couldn't understand it because I had seen him play many times for Watford. Even when he was scoring lots of goals I just didn't see the talent. Some players just have one of those seasons where everything they do just comes off.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If we... all right when we go up, we need pace and power. We have the flair players to cope but we will be blown away but the speed and power of the PL. I'd like to see two new forwards in, both full back positions need strengthening, upgrades on Murphy and Skalak, competition in CM and goalkeeper. Changing the starting XI ought to be evolution rather than revolution but we would need 4/5 players into that XI to compete IMO

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
If we... all right when we go up, we need pace and power. We have the flair players to cope but we will be blown away but the speed and power of the PL. I'd like to see two new forwards in, both full back positions need strengthening, upgrades on Murphy and Skalak, competition in CM and goalkeeper. Changing the starting XI ought to be evolution rather than revolution but we would need 4/5 players into that XI to compete IMO

When we played Newcastle at home it was blatantly obvious that they were better athletes. Quicker, stronger, fitter that's part of what you pay for. We will clearly have to recruit some top athletic types of our own to compete

Jospeh

Oct 28, 2016

Have to agree with this. Can't see Albion staying up unless there's a big recruitment drive. This group of players are used to dominating games, like last night, where they can dictate the pace of the game and pass it around the back four until a pass emerges. There won't be a single game where that happens next year. In reality I don't think Stockdale, Bong, Bruno (due to age), Kayal (maybe), Skalak, Murphy, March (not quite there yet), Baldock and Murray (age) are good enough for the premier league. I also have a sneaky suspicion that Knockaert won't do it in the prem.

So you're looking at a goalkeeper, both full backs, probably a back up centre back, left wing, central midfield, another central midfielder if Stephens goes, striker, and a number 10/another striker. It's going to be a big summer once the euphoria of promotion has worn off.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Id like to sign Cairney in the summer. But also Aaron Mooy at Huddersfield is only there on a season long loan, I wonder how much he'd cost? Although granted there would be a fair bit of interest.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Dutch league comes with its own stigma here in BHA

That said, I'd like him or Kasper Dolberg here if we get promoted. Maenpaa isn't doing bad so far, having come from the Dutch league?

The Dutch league is piss poor.

Look at the last two big name signings - Depay flop at united and Janssen - a signing that makes Soldado look deadly.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Does that mean Blackburn are better athletes than Newcastle, having beaten them twice?

No but it is a factor in playing better opposition. They were all round a fitter team, it was obvious. They ground us down in the second half at home

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Have to agree with this. Can't see Albion staying up unless there's a big recruitment drive. This group of players are used to dominating games, like last night, where they can dictate the pace of the game and pass it around the back four until a pass emerges. There won't be a single game where that happens next year. In reality I don't think Stockdale, Bong, Bruno (due to age), Kayal (maybe), Skalak, Murphy, March (not quite there yet), Baldock and Murray (age) are good enough for the premier league. I also have a sneaky suspicion that Knockaert won't do it in the prem.

So you're looking at a goalkeeper, both full backs, probably a back up centre back, left wing, central midfield, another central midfielder if Stephens goes, striker, and a number 10/another striker. It's going to be a big summer once the euphoria of promotion has worn off.

:shootself

So we're going to recruit a new first 11? What the hell have burnley done then, is it because they have the ginger mourinho in charge? Not only do they have their Championship winning team almost intact, they also recruited FROM the Championship.

Do me a favour, take a cross section of the bottom 10 clubs of the PL and start comparing their players to ours in every position.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Vydra playing for Watford once tore the Albion and Adam El Abd a new one, at the AMEX, on TV, over the Christmas period.

From that moment on, right up until this Summer, the no imagination crew on NSC would tell us that all the teams ills could be cured by signing Vydra.

Nothing Vydra did after that 1 game could have changed the opinion of some on here.
(I possibly should have written 'doing nothing after that one game still didn't change...')

Vydra was outstanding for Reading for that entire season, along with others.

It was more a frustration that our play was slow, predictable, with strikers that didn"t terrorise. Something the Sky team highlighted in detail that evening at half time and after full time.

Everyone would agree that Vydra has been average at best ever since.

Now we have plenty of pace with Baldock, Knockaert and sometimes Murphy or March.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:shootself

So we're going to recruit a new first 11? What the hell have burnley done then, is it because they have the ginger mourinho in charge? Not only do they have their Championship winning team almost intact, they also recruited FROM the Championship.

Do me a favour, take a cross section of the bottom 10 clubs of the PL and start comparing their players to ours in every position.

Little old Burnley have spent £52m on players, with high wages to match, since their 2014 promotion. £28m last summer alone. Last Saturday, only Heaton, Mee and Vokes started from their Championshop team of 2014.

Dyche and the Burnley board know that you have to invest massively on players to have any chance in the PL of survival. No room for sentiment as a stack of players were moved on.

TB/PB/CH will do exactly the same this summer and necessarily quite a few of our players will be bid farewell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here