Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Together...?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
FWIW when Dunk cocked up against Ipswich Stockdale went straight over to him, picked him up and gave him a visible 'come on don't worry about it' gesture whereas today
he ignored Goldson and strolled out to the edge of the penalty area muttering epithets to the heavens. Don't know if this means anything but that's how I saw it.

Two different types of incidents. Dunks flunk was sloppy and he knew it.

Last year against Bournemouth Greer did pretty much the same as Goldson and the near post og happens a lot in football.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Immediately after the OG Goldson was at it 150mph, he was on fire, he was absolutely determined to set matters straight. He covered some ground today and earned a lot of respect from me for one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think people are reading too much into the reaction to Goldson's error. We were very unlucky today - 19 shots to their 6, 6 on target to their 4.

People eulogise about Kayal but his goalscoring stats are barely better than Bridcutts at this level, whilst Stephens doesn't look any sort of goal threat at present.

That said, I think the application of the side was good, I still think they believe as a group and I'm really hoping Ridgewell comes into the starting XI quickly and puts some confidence in a defence that has wobbled in recent weeks.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
We must have one of the worst shots on target and goals totals of any club in recent seasons. Huge swathes of seasons that have been appallingly barren.

Not to be pedantic.... actually I am! we are second in the shots on target table and about 10th in the goals scored this season, this suggests the problem lies with the quality of the chances of the quality of the attempts

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have absolutely no interest into whether Goldson had an arm put around his shoulder or not. I am more interested in how the player and team react to an error. To me Goldson after the own goal played well and was not effected by it. What next complaints because someone didnt run 50 yards to congratulate a goal scorer

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If Bruno's shot or Dunk's header had crept in under the crossbar then conversely this type of thread would be full of posts saying the team are resilient, working hard together, getting through the blip etc.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not to be pedantic.... actually I am! we are second in the shots on target table and about 10th in the goals scored this season, this suggests the problem lies with the quality of the chances of the quality of the attempts

The first half of this season has been the exception in last 3-4 seasons. Short memories!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
To me, one of the most disappointing aspects of today was that not one single player came and put a comforting arm around Connor Goldson or had an encouraging word for him. Even Stockdale, who seems to pride himself on the unity aspect, went missing at that point.

We hear so much about this togetherness, but it appears to be on hiatus at the moment sadly.

Maybe he didn't need it.

His team-mates know him better than we do, and he knows it was an accidental balls-up. It's not as though he's a total rookie - he is 100+ matches into his career.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The last couple of games I have noticed less cohesiveness in the team.

Hopefully this is just a rut and morale will pick back up, I would have thought one win would be enough.

Well, I would have thought that was a tad obvious.
When do players all get together for hugs and kisses [and gratuitous cohesiveness] during a match?

Here's a clue, it's to celebrate something we've not done now for FOUR matches on the bounce ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here