Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Matchday Programme

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Does anyone actually read them then? I just kind of get one out of habit, look at the team sheet every few minutes and then flick through to see if that bleach blonde Gully's Girl is in there or not.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I actually prefer the smaller edition, the content is pretty much similar

Less is more, ask my missus!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm more than a bit underimpressed by it - shame, because I think the quality of the programme has been outstanding in recent years, something that might have been a bit overlooked.

Obviously a smaller page size means a smaller font; I was struggling to read much of the text and it was hardly a gloomy day yesterday. Seems a weird thing to economise on.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I worked for a paper maker for a couple of years. My guess is that the pages had a high recycled content if not 100% recycled. Also, the previous prog pages were made from a coated paper which is difficult to recycle. At a guess I'd say that the page size has come down and the stock has been changed in order to offer some spurious green creds to the programme.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
liked the programme size didnt like the print size . And what 's happened to the "post match" section in the middle? i thought that was the best bit last year .

I'm hardly the one to talk about font size - since when I wrote my regular Public Inquiry column for the programme, it was printed in the smallest imaginable print size. BUT ... the Club need to be aware that a very significant number of people do struggle with font sizes below 10pt.

This will affect sales.

Once upon a time, I did some work with the RNIB on drawing up guidelines for printed publications. The Albion's matchday programme is now - from cover to cover - so out of line with those guidelines that it is almost worth submitting it as an example of Bad Practice.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's FAR better for wiping your fingers on after eating a pie. The glossy paper was never that abosrbent.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm hardly the one to talk about font size - since when I wrote my regular Public Inquiry column for the programme, it was printed in the smallest imaginable print size. BUT ... the Club need to be aware that a very significant number of people do struggle with font sizes below 10pt.

This will affect sales.

Once upon a time, I did some work with the RNIB on drawing up guidelines for printed publications. The Albion's matchday programme is now - from cover to cover - so out of line with those guidelines that it is almost worth submitting it as an example of Bad Practice.

Have to agree with all of that. Part of my job is designing handouts / workbooks to cater for things like dyslexia, and the matchday prog is not a good example at all...hopefully changes can be made.

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
I didn't think that it was that good - as said before it was smaller and I though that there would be more in it considering all that has happened over the summer - I only looked briefly but did it has any pictures from the last home game?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It seems to be intimated here that instead of shouting out, "Programme. Programme," you should have called out, "Small Issue."

I like that,….. instead of my now redundant, super shiny souvenir of your afternoons entertainment.

I’ll use that.:ascarf:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh dear! I'm sorry to say you've been mislead. Jim Tunniclffe looks nothing like Adam El-Abd. Whoops.

Sorry I dont see what point you are trying to make as prior to reading their numbers I wouldnt know to recognise Tunnicliffe, Navarro, Croft, Jamie Smith etc Now I have a copy I can relate as to who the players are.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Sorry I don't see what point you are trying to make as prior to reading their numbers I wouldn't know how to recognise Tunnicliffe . . . Now I have a copy I can relate as to who the players are.

. . . and you still won't recognise him if you use the programme picture to identify him. The "point I am trying to make" is that against Tunnicliffe's name is a picture of Adam.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
. . . and you still won't recognise him if you use the programme picture to identify him. The "point I am trying to make" is that against Tunnicliffe's name is a picture of Adam.

Thanks for that. I must admit I used the back cover with their respective squad numbers on and hadnt even opened the programme but upon so doing I see what you mean.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

This will affect sales.

Quite.

While guidelines indicate text should be 14pt (which is ludicrously big for body copy), I'd be amazed if that text was bigger than 8pt, possibly even 7pt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here