Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's gate at Fratton park

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Plenty of gaps in the home stands.

Difficult to judge when your in it but the away end felt like it was bursting at the seams, certainly where I was loads of people didn't have a seat and were either 'sharing' a space or just standing in the aisles, which suprisingly after 5 minutes the stewards gave up trying to manage.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
£32 to sit in a converted terrace might have put a few off. I didn't think there were many gaps in the away end though. Both side stands appeared to have large gaps in them, but the Fratton End appeared to be full.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
£32 to sit in a converted terrace might have put a few off. I didn't think there were many gaps in the away end though. Both side stands appeared to have large gaps in them, but the Fratton End appeared to be full.

Thank f*** we all stood,the leg room when i tried to sit at half time was a joke.I don't think i could have sat like it for 45 minutes.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Thank f*** we all stood,the leg room when i tried to sit at half time was a joke.I don't think i could have sat like it for 45 minutes.

My legs are still aching like mad, but then I think I may have a cold coming on. The day made up for it though. Great banter on the train back to Three Bridges; the Pompey fans on there were quite a laugh. Sussex, Hampshire and British Transport coppers I met were top blokes as well.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I didn't think there were many gaps in the away end though. Both side stands appeared to have large gaps in them, but the Fratton End appeared to be full.

There quite a few gaps where I was (lower north stand near Fratton end, 5 rows from the front). The rows in front of us were empty. Fratton end had a few gaps - mainly at the ends.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There quite a few gaps where I was (lower north stand near Fratton end, 5 rows from the front). The rows in front of us were empty. Fratton end had a few gaps - mainly at the ends.

Did you see any gaps in our end from there ?, because as others have said, you can't see when you're in it but our end felt full to bursting. We sold out our allocation didn't we ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Did you see any gaps in our end from there ?, because as others have said, you can't see when you're in it but our end felt full to bursting. We sold out our allocation didn't we ?

If there were any gaps, they were too small to see from the other end.
Some good noise coming from you lot too.
*doffs hat*

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Difficult economic climate so would expect to see attendances down at a lot of clubs this season.

Pompey are a club on the slide. Supporters used to seeing premier league football, are hardly likely to flock to see a buch of cloggers, kicking lumps out of the likes of, Doncaster, Barnsley etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here