Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's games

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Train to Shepherds Bush via Clapham Junction then a 10-minute walk....have you been?
Oh yes sorry. That does indeed make it a lot easier. I forgot.
It's slightly rough round the edges, and has a slight west london coldness but I still quite like it. You're not going to get a beach, pier, downs, royal pavilion etc there I'm afraid.

theboybilly

It's just not for me Jimbob. Last time I went (0-0 midweek) the only place I could get in for a drink was the Walkabout on the Green. It was horrid, I was sticking to the floor. As for Loftus Road itself - starting from the ground floor the concourse can't handle a decent away support and everything it too tight. The stewards are more hindrance than help, there's no legroom and yes, you really need to be lucky and get as centrally located as possible. For me it's a thoroughly uncomfortable experience. Give me Craven Cottage or Griffin Park any day.
(That said I'll probably go at the last minute)

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It's just not for me Jimbob. Last time I went (0-0 midweek) the only place I could get in for a drink was the Walkabout on the Green. It was horrid, I was sticking to the floor. As for Loftus Road itself - starting from the ground floor the concourse can't handle a decent away support and everything it too tight. The stewards are more hindrance than help, there's no legroom and yes, you really need to be lucky and get as centrally located as possible. For me it's a thoroughly uncomfortable experience. Give me Craven Cottage or Griffin Park any day.
(That said I'll probably go at the last minute)
I'm surprised about the pubs. Maybe it was cos of the perceived football aggro. The ground is a tad small but face it, most of us are fat bar stewards these days. I'd agree Fulham and Brentford probably nicer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here