Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays atmosphere - worst ever at the Amex?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Perhaps it depends where you sit. I was in the Upper West and I thought the noise level was much better than my last visit when my seat was in the Lower East. The open design of the ground does not help to make the most of any crowd noise

NB it is not a lack of chances created that is the problem, it is the ability to put them away .....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure the worst ever atmosphere was a cold January match, not sure vs which team.

The gloved clapping was very muffled.

Reckon the match you might be thinking of was Albion v Leicester, 4 Feb 2012. 1-0. Buckley scored the winner in stoppage time. Evilly cold, coldest I've ever been at football this side of an Aberdeen winter. North Stand concourse was like a massive walk-in fridge freezer. Took along a couple of Aussie mates. They lasted the course and never moaned once, bless. Not heard from them since, mind...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckon the match you might be thinking of was Albion v Leicester, 4 Feb 2012. 1-0. Buckley scored the winner in stoppage time. Evilly cold, coldest I've ever been at football this side of an Aberdeen winter. North Stand concourse was like a massive walk-in fridge freezer. Took along a couple of Aussie mates. They lasted the course and never moaned once, bless. Not heard from them since, mind...
Yes, that's the one. The crowd was in total hibernation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here