Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's argus

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
this is the squad who is out there Albion in Segovia: Kuszczak; Ankergren; Brezovan; Bruno, Calderon, Greer, El-Abd, Upson, Dunk, Chicksen, Maksmimenko, Ince, Bridcutt, Richards, Crofts, Orlandi, Buckley, LuaLua, Forster-Caskey, March, Ulloa, Barnes, Mackail-Smith, Barker, Dickenson. still need at least 3 more players e.g creative midfielder who will pick a pass in tight games and big strong centre midfielder as i feel we are lightweight in the middle of midfield

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Where is Agdestein???.....is he in the bin?...I was banking on him breaking through this year after being sidelined by Gus.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
i feel we are lightweight in the middle of midfield

Agreed, a central and an attacking midfielder....I assume Hammond is not returning, so this will be key positions to resolve.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Albions young guns have been handed a chance to make an early impression on head coach Oscar garcia seven of last season's development squad have travelled to Spain with the senior pros. Solly March, jake forster caskey, George barker and vitality maksimenko are in the 25 strong party in segovia. So too are brennan dickenson, rohan ince and Courtney Richards, the latter, according to an argus source, has made the trip because the proposed signing of a unnamed spanish midfielder has yet to materialise. New capture Adam chicken from mk dons is expected to make his debut against la liga outfit getafe tomorrow night. Liam bridcutt is also with the squad at their base north west of Madrid after nursing a foot injury and sitting out the opening friendly victory at white hawk. Cms has travelled aswell as he continues his recovery from a ruptured achilles. The two significant absentees are injured striker will hoskins and fringe midfielder Ryan Harley, hoskins has stayed behind on medical advice to continue his rehabilitation from cruciate knee ligament damage but Harley still days appear to be numbered after he featured in the whitehawk game. The Albions players were put through their paces by garcia yesterday in 2 training sessions on their first full day in segovia. The development squad are in Portugal for simultaneous 2 match tour.

He sounds lively.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Someone else who can play on the wing wouldn't go amiss either.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I still maintain that Hammond was one of the key reasons for our meanness last year and I reckon that a replacement for him is crucial. Agree with Mark that I'd like to see a flair barca B midfielder with skinny legs and floppy hair bamboozling defences too.

And I want The Dagger back,.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we could do a lot worse than bring Hammond back in as the bite in midfield as I believe that he is a better option than Crofts,m but we still need a brain in there who can pinpoint a pass to set the strikers away obviously not them but a Glen Hoddle or Denis Mortimer type player of yester year.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Would like to see us sign 2 CM's 1 LB and 1 AMR/L. If Oscar thinks some of the DS Squad are able to fill these slots than also more than happy with that.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Assuming Oscar plays a similar system to Maccabi we definitely need another strong midfielder, a starter left back, a genuine number 10 plus a versatile wideman.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think that we could do a lot worse than bring Hammond back in as the bite in midfield as I believe that he is a better option than Crofts,m but we still need a brain in there who can pinpoint a pass to set the strikers away obviously not them but a Glen Hoddle Nobby Horton or Denis Mortimer type player of yester year.

altered slightly for you there BG

Albions young guns have been handed a chance to make an early impression on head coach Oscar garcia seven of last season's development squad have travelled to Spain with the senior pros. Solly March, jake forster caskey, George barker and [/B]vitality maksimenko are in the 25 strong party in segovia. So too are brennan dickenson, rohan ince and Courtney Richards, the latter, according to an argus source, has made the trip because the proposed signing of a unnamed spanish midfielder has yet to materialise. New capture Adam chicken from mk dons is expected to make his debut against la liga outfit getafe tomorrow night. Liam bridcutt is also with the squad at their base north west of Madrid after nursing a foot injury and sitting out the opening friendly victory at white hawk. Cms has travelled aswell as he continues his recovery from a ruptured achilles. The two significant absentees are injured striker will hoskins and fringe midfielder Ryan Harley, hoskins has stayed behind on medical advice to continue his rehabilitation from cruciate knee ligament damage but Harley still days appear to be numbered after he featured in the whitehawk game. The Albions players were put through their paces by garcia yesterday in 2 training sessions on their first full day in segovia. The development squad are in Portugal for simultaneous 2 match tour.

He sounds lively.

He is there to protect the squad against Spanish stomach upsets.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Where is Agdestein???.....is he in the bin?...I was banking on him breaking through this year after being sidelined by Gus.

Was he unfairly sidelined by Gus or was he simply not good enough?

It would be good to see Development Squad players make the first team but they don't have a right to do so unless they are genuinely good enough.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was he unfairly sidelined by Gus or was he simply not good enough?

It would be good to see Development Squad players make the first team but they don't have a right to do so unless they are genuinely good enough.

Ah but if they are foreign they HAVE to be better than all our home grown lads and be future world beaters else why would we have brought them in??

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here