Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Argus

cab

Feb 20, 2004
Crawley
Well done, on page 5 you have managed to get nearly the whole page. Geoff Hurst and Trevor Brooking photos as well!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
post them on here then :dunce:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Famous names eh? Now did it mention that David Beckham played his first competitive match for Manchester United at the Goldstone?

The youngsters are currently being deprived of seeing the football stars live!

Mind you for that match they would have been disappointed not to see Ryan Giggs, and for the FA Cup match, I would have preferred it if Ryan Giggs was not playing.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Great pictures and if you look at the report on the Crawley match you can see the blue and white stripes in the crowd!!!

cab

Feb 20, 2004
Crawley
Would love to put all info on here, but I'm not that clever and to quote the whole article would take ages. Maybe someone with some brains can do it for me!!!

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Also there is a full paged article on Steve Coppell interesting reading and how he would not even think of coming in for our players as he knows it would hurt the club too much!! He also watched our game on Sky against Plymouth and thought thats my team!! Well if he misses us so mcu he shouldn't have left:lolol:

cab said:
Would love to put all info on here, but I'm not that clever and to quote the whole article would take ages. Maybe someone with some brains can do it for me!!!
The on-line edition of the Argus becomes available to subscribers at 6pm on the day of publication.

The text of the report will probably be in the Argus on-line archive sometime tomorrow. But that won't include the pictures (although they have been posted on NSC already).

I'm sure that nobody would attempt to upset that nice Mr Bradshaw by scanning the whole article into NSC.

;)

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Lord Bracknell said:

The on-line edition of the Argus becomes available to subscribers at 6pm on the day of publication.

I'm sure that nobody would attempt to upset that nice Mr Bradshaw by scanning the whole article into NSC.

;)

The very idea!! Shame on you, your Lordship.

Although by huge coincidence I might well find myself needing to return to this thread at about 6.05pm....:D

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just bought the paper.

Captions read:

1966 Hero: Sir Geoff Hurst agreed to have his photograph taken with Albion Supporter Brett Mendoza on National Falmer Day.

Happy to Pose: Seagulls fan Ben Payne was snapped with former England star Trevor Brooking.

Good photos

The write up mentions Crawley, Bournemouth, Colchester, Berwick, Palace, Oxford, Bury and West Ham.:clap:

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Just read page 5 of the Argus. Several of the games covered are mentioned. One of the Photos of the Crawley games (inside back page) you can see the Brighton Bunch wearing the stripes.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Out of interest - and and also because I'd like to put those pics the NFD centre spread in the Falmer fanzine - has the Argus paid anyone for 'em? Or discussed copyright?

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Buzza said:
Just bought the paper.

Captions read:

1966 Hero: Sir Geoff Hurst agreed to have his photograph taken with Albion Supporter Brett Mendoza on National Falmer Day.

Happy to Pose: Seagulls fan Ben Payne was snapped with former England star Trevor Brooking.

Good photos

The write up mentions Crawley, Bournemouth, Colchester, Berwick, Palace, Oxford, Bury and West Ham.:clap:

Thanks to whoever got the Berwick mention in ... will cut and paste the copy when it appears on the website and post it on to the Berwick Advertiser and the Journal and Scotsman

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
Out of interest - and and also because I'd like to put those pics the NFD centre spread in the Falmer fanzine - has the Argus paid anyone for 'em? Or discussed copyright?

The Trevor Brooking picture was taken on my camera, I e-mailed it to the Argus and gave them permission to use it. I'm not very hot on copyright issues, but if you need my permission to use it in the fanzine, you've got it.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Fatboy is in the crowd picture from the crawley match report, i can't see myself in it so much have been at the food counter

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Buckingham said:
The Trevor Brooking picture was taken on my camera, I e-mailed it to the Argus and gave them permission to use it. I'm not very hot on copyright issues, but if you need my permission to use it in the fanzine, you've got it.

Thanks, Buckingham. Hopefully, the Argus won't have done a copyright grab!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Buzza said:

Not Rotherham :eek: :(

They turned down my photo because they had enough to print so I don't mind that but to not even mention the game :nono:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
when i spoke to steve roger i asked about all that stuff about pics and laws about using them. i got the same - it was taken on my camera, and i gave them permission to use it, so they did.

i didnt think to ask about £££ so i didnt get any, but if it gets us a ground, i dont really care

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Don't newspapers get one free use if you give permission?
Keep a close eye on whether they use it again, though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here