Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today i was spat on by a Traffic Warden!!

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
After a rare win at 5 a side we walked outside my friends brand new Lexus had been clamped! He was parked not in a bay, but on the end of the row where there was no double yellow lines, but a sign saying parking was only permitted for users of the fitness centre.

After 2hrs of jibes and banter, removing the wheel (on police advise who turned up) and unsuccessfully getting the clamp off my friend payed up the £150 and we got a barrage of abuse and insults.........Then as I was driving past he walked upto my window and SPAT in MY FACE!! Then started offering me out!!

Iv rang the police and reported the incident, but what happens next?! I can't remember being so annoyed and disgusted!! :rant:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
After a rare win at 5 a side we walked outside my friends brand new Lexus had been clamped! He was parked not in a bay, but on the end of the row where there was no double yellow lines, but a sign saying parking was only permitted for users of the fitness centre.

After 2hrs of jibes and banter, removing the wheel (on police advise who turned up) and unsuccessfully getting the clamp off my friend payed up the £150 and we got a barrage of abuse and insults.........Then as I was driving past he walked upto my window and SPAT in MY FACE!! Then started offering me out!!

Iv rang the police and reported the incident, but what happens next?! I can't remember being so annoyed and disgusted!! :rant:

should of got out the car and slapped him!!!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Was this a council warden or a 'private' company?

While we're on this subject, can anyone answer this. I recently got a ticket. I was parked on the pavement (wide enough}, but it was a single yellow road. As I said, I was NOT on the road. Is this right?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

While we're on this subject, can anyone answer this. I recently got a ticket. I was parked on the pavement (wide enough}, but it was a single yellow road. As I said, I was NOT on the road. Is this right?

from the Highway code:

Waiting and parking (238-252) : Directgov - Travel and transport

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
you should have taken a photo on your phone,keeping a sample of gob would have f***ed the guy as long as the coppers didn't "loose" said sample........good luck

parking on the pavement is generally a no-no .

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
It was a private firm, it depends how it being kept is measured. He spat on the side of my face and down my coat. When I was on the phone to the police I asked them if they could send down an officer because it was still all on me. Obviously I have now washed so won't have any on my face when they come to visit tomorrow, and I'm sure most on my jacket will have dried off by them but some substance might still be there. I honestly can't believe it!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
the police will do f*** all about it mate. they will waste a bit of time with some interviews, then say theres "not enough evidence".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if you have a credible independnet witness they should follow it up as assault. they take it very seriously when its towards officers, i'd hope so to the public as well. if theres no witness... well what can they do? still report it, hopefully a round of interviews will annoy the crap out of the offender.

hopefully they'll soon be outlawed.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What leisure centre was this at? Also if you were parked legally and the police tried to remove the wheel, why did you have to pay 150 quid? Surely with the police seemingly on your side they could of dealt with it there and then?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

Thats absolutely disgusting. Just shows how unprofessional that company is and the type of people they employ. Not a lot you can do really. If he did'nt touch you, then you really can't do anything about it. The only thing you can report is threatening behaviour.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
it's assault. take the traffic nazi to the f@ckin' cleaners ( but not your coat obviously as you'll need that for evidence! )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thats absolutely disgusting. Just shows how unprofessional that company is and the type of people they employ. Not a lot you can do really. If he did'nt touch you, then you really can't do anything about it. The only thing you can report is threatening behaviour.

Not so. As eastlondonseagull rightly says, spitting is classed as assault. The police should be able to get DNA from his jacket.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

The clue is in the question.
Why would you at any time think its legal to park on a public walkway ?

You see this up Elm Grove, because it ia a very wide pavement, drivers think it ok to park on so long as there is a gap for pedestrians to get by :shrug:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
As you do not claim to be a member of the Fitness Centre then of course you deserve to pay a fine, hope you have evidence on the spitting as it deserves to be punished.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
parking on pavements pisses me off. Why should pedestrians have to squeeze through just so someones precious little car doesn't get hit. Pavements in Guildford just seem to be an extension of the road.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Tell the pigs that you feel really violated and afraid to go outside anymore.Really lay it on thick.Tell them that he was so agressive that you felt that you were about to be attacked.Get a solicitor on it and I guarantee the filthy bastard will not only lose his job,but will have to pay compensation as well.Disgusting scum.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Make sure you get an HIV test

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Having paid the fine you have admitted guilt so it should have been left at that.
As far as the other matter, the c**t would have to have dental surgery and I would claimed self defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here