Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby leaves!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not surprised as he has looked poor whenever I have seen him and I think that he will struggle to make it in the FL possibly with a low Div 2 side, he might. He is 22 in September and at that age generally needs to be knocking on the door of the first team to make it, which he wasnt.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Seems to be another Hoskins to me. Not really good enough, but large sections of our support seem to wear rose tinted spectacles where he is concerned. It amazes me how much support some fringe players get whilst big contributors like Barnes get pillored at the first opportunity.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Seems to be another Hoskins to me. Not really good enough, but large sections of our support seem to wear rose tinted spectacles where he is concerned. It amazes me how much support some fringe players get whilst big contributors like Barnes get pillored at the first opportunity.

Well I think you've got to blame the (last) manager for that. Agdestein was brought in whilst we were in League 1 with Poyet trumpeting that he was a player for the Championship and wouldn't be playing in league 1. He then barely played in the Championship either although he seemed to be scoring a fair amount of goals in the reserves. Just a shame that it took so long to find out he wasn't supposedly good enough.
BTW I rate Barnes very highly - if he could curb his temper he'd be even better

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not surprised as he has looked poor whenever I have seen him and I think that he will struggle to make it in the FL possibly with a low Div 2 side, he might. He is 22 in September and at that age generally needs to be knocking on the door of the first team to make it, which he wasnt.

The only truthful post on this thread. Anyone who watched the development squad regularly will know that he had promise, but never fulfilled that promise or developed to the standard needed for the first team.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I always thought he looked ok when I saw him (the sub appearances, pre-season etc) but then the management see a lot more of him. My mate is a Bath City follower and said he was pretty average when he went on loan there a couple of years back, and that was Conference South.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I always thought he looked ok when I saw him (the sub appearances, pre-season etc) but then the management see a lot more of him. My mate is a Bath City follower and said he was pretty average when he went on loan there a couple of years back, and that was Conference South.

Ok sums it up for me with Toby, and ok is no longer good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, the decks are being cleared. New signing now please.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Spot on, BG. Pity though...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
shame for Toby as he was a nice kid, really hoped he would do well for us...sad to see him go but am excited about the prospect of new signings!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People blaming Poyet are very short sighted and stupid. Oscar took a FAIR look at all the squads when he came in, and we saw with Ince, Barker, JFC, Richards going pre-season with the first team, that the chances ARE there. Toby just hasn't stepped up. Lets not forget his 'successful' loan period at Bath City.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
watched every home ds game for last 2 years,never really saw him as a 1st teamer,good luck to him

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Shame really, thought he might come good for us from the little I saw but I guess it wasn't to be.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hoped he might get more of a run in the 1st team (or just more appearances from the bench) but seeing Barker there near the end of the season i think he knew his time was up. Hopefully he'll get an opportunity at a lower club and prove us wrong (just not against us!)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Looked good at Peterborough, but last season was the year for him to stake his claim and clearly it didn't happen for him. He was atrocious at Lewes the other night - no real surprise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here