Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby Adgestein

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
On reflection, I thought Barnes and Toby were far more effective last night compared to CMS who was very poor.

Positionally, they were both also getting in better forward positions which is my main issue with CMS of late and the Southampton game was the proof of that.

It was good to see Barnes prove a point last night which is that if you play him as a centre forward alongside another striker then he would score and cause problems which he did - oh and his penalty was class!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Were you drunk?
Personally I think he has potential. Last night, his first touch was often poor and he can't keep his shots down, but he saw an awful lot of the ball.

Anyone who plays football will tell you that you have games where the ball just won't stick, or seems to bobble at the wrong time or whatever. But ultimately, if you're seeing a lot of the ball, it shows you're getting into useful areas; and he will have a game soon where everything sticks to his feet, he scores a great goal and this board
will have a collective wank over him. Indeed, Ash Barnes had a game like this as soon as he came on last night.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love this forum sometimes. Ashley Barnes is 22, has been slaughtered for the last year at times (when he was 21), yet Agdestein, who is 20, misses at least 1 sitter, but a couple of other good chances, and we get people saying put him in the side ? :lol:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Didn't rate Adgestein last night, he really should have put that one away when he was 1 on 1. The shot from behind the goal made it look far harder to miss. His energy was good but doesn't offer much defensive cover, he looked nervous on the ball and lacked composure. He has potential but is a long way off.

D

Deleted member 18477

Looked more than useful again coming on at Peterbrough seemingly, and was instrumental in us scoring the winning goal.

So I thought a well deserved :jester: for some of these posts...

:jester:

lol i was being sarcy because he missed one chance against wrexham. i'm excited by the prospect of this young man though. looks like he has a creative side which is going to come in handy in tight games thats for sure!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
lol i was being sarcy because he missed one chance against wrexham. i'm excited by the prospect of this young man though. looks like he has a creative side which is going to come in handy in tight games thats for sure!
I like that he doesn't seem to be muscled off the ball very easily and he gets into great positions. Against Wrexham, what impressed me most was that he was receiving the ball in tight dangerous areas. Ok, he had one of those games where the ball bobbled away too often but the fact that he was showing for it and wasn't going missing was the encouraging thing. Saturday he came on against Peterborough and from what I've read (and heard on the commentary) he changed the game. The goal came from a decent pass into Buckley's path. While Buckley had a lot to do, his job was made easier by Agdestein sucking in defenders before sending it wide, as it bought Buckley some time to shoot accurately. I hope he gets a bit of time against Newcastle.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
He look a great prospect to me. Full of confidence and running and with good ball control. Looked better than Barnes in both Wrexham games and obviously Gus thought he was the go to guy late on at Peterborough. Just needs a goal to get him going properly. We will never be able to splash out £millions to buy our way into the Prem - unlike the West Ham and Leicesters of this world. So we need to support him from the terraces and you never know we could have a Norwegian international on our hands.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good luck to him, but I'm not sold on the magic of Toby.

If he fancies a goal or two against Newcastle, that might do the trick.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Looked more than useful again coming on at Peterbrough seemingly, and was instrumental in us scoring the winning goal.

So I thought a well deserved :jester: for some of these posts...

:jester:

Granted he was better on Saturday, and good play for the second goal, but I still struggle to see enough in him to think he'll make it, now or in the future. As a bit part, substitute, while we have injuries, fine, but if Gus goes out and gets another attacking player, then he's straight back to the Dev Squad. I'm not the sort to write a youngster off, if he proves me wrong, then I'll be delighted, for now I'm not holding my breath. :jester:

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
I was listening to his interview with the bbc there and he sounds like a really nice chap. Hope he gets a few more starts. I can honestly see him scoring a goal sooner than CMS.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Dont know.

Hes 20 but so what, seen loads of teens with their heads screwed on enough to put the ball away. Potential maybe but finishing poor so far, needs a few more games to judge in my opinion. To condemn or praise out of hand seems a bit stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here