Toasted sandwiches

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beachbum71

Beachbum71
Apr 15, 2011
Shoreham beach
Try the classic American Reuben sandwich.
Pastrami, swiss cheese, dijon mustard and most importantly..sauerkraut. Grilled in, preferably, rye bread. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think some of these suggestions are just for sandwiches using toast rather than bread, rather than the true toastie, constructed via a sandwich toaster.

Why would anyone buy a sandwich toaster - far better results in a frying pan. And. besides, sandwich toasters often cut the items in half, which is a real no-no as everything squeezes out. Nope - frying pan all the way, bread buttered on the outside, decent filling, job done.

As for filling, I'd never use tomoto - it holds temperature for too long, making the results too hot to eat. A decent mature cheddar and proper ham, but needs to be cooked to a hgh enough temperature for good results - not just wamed through. I would use onion, but probably cook it first, unless it was a non-too-bitter one. A nice brie would work well too.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hot french semen.

If you can't get hold of that cheese, bacon and onion.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Cheese and peanut butter for me, it's got to be all melted together.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why would anyone buy a sandwich toaster - far better results in a frying pan. And. besides, sandwich toasters often cut the items in half, which is a real no-no as everything squeezes out. Nope - frying pan all the way, bread buttered on the outside, decent filling, job done.

Thank you for posting that. I was starting to think nobody else uses this method, sandwich toasters are an absolutely pointless item.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Thank you for posting that. I was starting to think nobody else uses this method, sandwich toasters are an absolutely pointless item.

My mum had one in the 70s, an early type, that didn't cut in half, just sealed the edges and it worked a treat - I used to cook burgers on the plates of it, before putting them into the toasties with cheese, and it was great - but the modern ones are just a waste.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports