È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Harvey's
Pilsner Urqell
Tanqueray No10 (summer)
Glenfarclas (winter)
M&S - work shirts, underwear.
Used to get all casual clothes, jeans etc, from GAP, but since they closed their shops I don't find their online offering that extensive.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Honda Motorcycles, particularly Honda Goldwing. Bought my first Wing in 1988 and not been without one since. Had many over the years, current one over 20 years, it's a GL1500 with EZS sidecar. Taken us round Europe several times...
I love Kawasaki as my first bike was a KH125, second ZXR400 and current Z400, I do also own a 2022 Honda Monkey and it is fantasic, fun little machine.

Been on the back of a Goldwing and it was the most comfort I have ever had on motorbike. If you are going on long trips they must be a joy. For me apart from being way to big and no where to put one, we tend to do trips to the coast and cafe runs so smaller capacity bikes work for us.

I have just bought my husband a new Ducati Monster SP for his 60th Birthday/25th Wedding Aniversry present. He has always wnated to own a Ducati. It should arrive in a couple of weeks.

boik

Don't really worry about brands as they all have their good and not so good products. I have belatedly realised just how stupidly reliable Toyota cars are that were built 2000-2010 ish. Wouldn't buy a new car now even if I had the money.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Another Adidas boy here. The only thing I ever stick to one brand on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
PG Tips.
Marmite.
Heinz ketchup.
Aldi.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's a funny one as I wouldn't describe myself as into 'brands', but thinking about it, there are definitely brands that I trust and return to more than others (though for example in the supermarket if there's a good deal on something else, I will often ditch the usual brand to try another...)

Colgate toothpaste - my parents always bought it and others now just taste weird. Expensive, though there's always an offer on somewhere. The DFS of toothpastes.
Patagonia. Well made gear and I like the company ethics.
Levi's jeans - the wealth of choice of sizes & styles has meant that I've managed to find the ideal fit for me, so now I don't bother going anywhere else (though I've just looked down and am wearing an old pair of Diesel jeans today - must be nearly 20 years old)
Branston beans. Didn't know any better until I spotted them on special offer (was Heinz before) and now I have a preference for Branston over the much mushier Heinz.
Hugo Boss suits. Not that I've worn one, let alone bought one, since before covid, but the slimmer cut 'Hugo' range suits seem to suit my frame (yet to be tested with the recently acquired 'dad bod')
*Edit*: As with a lot of others here, Adidas is my go-to brand for trainers

Most of my buying habits seem to be because I CBA to try something else, or maybe because once I've found something I like / that works, there's no point trying something else. Two sides of the same coin I guess.

Last edited:

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Marmite, Carhartt, Dr Martens, VW Transporters of all ages, Yorkshire Tea.
Bjorn Bork underpants. 6 Music (despite recent changes) Apple.

Head and Shoulders.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I love Kawasaki as my first bike was a KH125, second ZXR400 and current Z400, I do also own a 2022 Honda Monkey and it is fantasic, fun little machine.

Been on the back of a Goldwing and it was the most comfort I have ever had on motorbike. If you are going on long trips they must be a joy. For me apart from being way to big and no where to put one, we tend to do trips to the coast and cafe runs so smaller capacity bikes work for us.

I have just bought my husband a new Ducati Monster SP for his 60th Birthday/25th Wedding Aniversry present. He has always wnated to own a Ducati. It should arrive in a couple of weeks.
Great choice of bike, great brand with real soul, and at our age a lot easier to ride that sports Dukes of 20 years ago. I do hope it is a model with a dry clutch still.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Great thread!

Doc martens
Levis
Berghaus
Berkenstocks
Speedo
Chanel
Christian Dior
Ray-Ban

and

British Heart Foundation
Oxfam
YMCA

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Saw a Monster in Brighton the other day. Beautiful bike. And I’ve no doubt lives up to its name!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You sound surprised.

All killer no filler when The Stat is posting. 😂
It's a great thread because it gives Skimlinks the opportunity to auto-link and affiliate some brand name mentions.

I eagerly await checking the reporting tomorrow morning, even though I am highly confident earnings may well be exactly £0.00.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a great thread because it gives Skimlinks the opportunity to auto-link and affiliate some brand name mentions.

I eagerly await checking the reporting tomorrow morning, even though I am highly confident earnings may well be exactly £0.00.
Get them to sort out a discount code for Marmite and you might see the 0.000001p's rolling in.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Great choice of bike, great brand with real soul, and at our age a lot easier to ride that sports Dukes of 20 years ago. I do hope it is a model with a dry clutch still.

He has a Royal Enfield interceptor 650 which is a really nice bike so will keep it as well.

He has always wanted a Ducati since the 748 and 916 were out in the 90s. But they would be uncomfortable for a long ride and very difficult to find a nice one at a resonable price, the Panigale is lovely but for the same reason as 916 I thought it would uncomfortable. The new Monster seemed to tick all the boxes of good looks and comfort. I hope he likes it :)

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Adidas for trainers.
Lacoste polos.
Lyle and Scott jumpers.
Apple tech.
Hoover white goods.
Heinz beans.
6 Music.
IMG_2433.png

Mr Bridger