Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the Twats that Booed at Half Time (Merged *2)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
dont you remember that people pay money to go watch the matches, and for a first half performance like that i think we have every right to boo, it may actually go into the players head and make them think we are playing shit, the fans aint happy, so lets sort it out boys.

I dont think it needs knobs like you to tell the players losing 1-0 to FCUM is a bad result. Get a grip.

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
People can boo all they f***ing like, they pay their money to watch us perform like that? Can't blame the booing to be honest, and what the f*** was Poyet doing bringing f***ing Battipiedi on instead of Smith? And why didn't Barnes take the penalty? f***ing awful day.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Was in H block as usual, but its getting even more embarrassing in there as each game goes on. The fact that "USA, USA, USA" and "One Malcolm Glazier" were both sung MORE THAN ONCE just shows how twattish and childish are support really is at times. Oh, and those giving Gus a bollocking for not playing a full strength 11, what did you bloody expect.

Booing a team clear at the top of the league is daft.
USA USA USA is surely just banter.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
i dont understand why some fans booed the team,yes its up to them,but un called for in my opinion.It wasnt great on the pitch but hey it happens.
What does concern me a little listening to gus's interview on bbc sussex with him saying about the fans booing the team and to remember that he gets fed up too!,
is that a sign that if it carries on his gonna go?
i for one really hope not his the one that got our team to play and get us where we are now

In the unlikely event that we are that shit for the rest of the season, of course GP will get booed and deservedly so. Fortunately, I'm sure we won't be that poor again, GP will have learn't alot about his fringe players from the FA cup games, things will quickly improve and this performance will have been forgotten in a couple of weeks

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The booing was a joke!!! Just before half time, Gus turned to the crowd and was asking 'Why'. He wasn't happy with the performance, but for christs sake, we're having a great season, just getting a bit wobbly.he doesn't deserve that. And in Gus, we've got a fantastic manager. This is a long term project. At times, it'll be shit, but give the bloke some credit.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
I dont think it needs knobs like you to tell the players losing 1-0 to FCUM is a bad result. Get a grip.

so wait hold on a minute, loosing 1-0 to FCUM isnt a bad result, god i forgot they are over 100 places below us, and we are ment to be going into the championship, if we cant beat them we cant beat anyone in the championship.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
so wait hold on a minute, loosing 1-0 to FCUM isnt a bad result, god i forgot they are over 100 places below us, and we are ment to be going into the championship, if we cant beat them we cant beat anyone in the championship.

Re-read my post. Then apologise.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
USA USA is pathetic wank.

As for the team, they were shite today, but they were magnificent four days ago, and everyone has an off day. Does anyone think they DELIBERATELY set out to be poor before the kick off?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
USA USA is pathetic wank.

As for the team, they were shite today, but they were magnificent four days ago, and everyone has an off day. Does anyone think they DELIBERATELY set out to be poor before the kick off?

Exactly. Do you think they need people booing to make them realise the score/opposition? Ridiculous.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Absolutely stupid to boo. I'm as disappointed as anyone when it comes to the performance, but it really wasnt necessary.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Booing the team at half time was over the top but at full time you couldnt really blame anyone could you, think gus cocked it up today with the selections and subs, either take the game seriously and play a near strength side or state youre not bothered about the cup this year play the side you did play so everyone knows the possibility of it being disjointed and shit before they decide to pay good money to sit in freezing temperatures with no roof and no goalscorer. What we got was a dogs dinner. What would Uruguay/chelsea/spurs etc home fans have done given a similar situation, carried you aloft after the whistle? dont think so.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Booing should be reserved for when a team is playing like it really doesn't give a f*** or put ANY effort in. Booing today was pathetic. It's not the players fault they are lacking a cutting edge. Am pissed off at Gus for not playing a stronger side to try and avoid a replay

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Some absolute twats in C Block started shouting "This is a f'ing shambles" after FCUM's goal.

Idiots.

I honestly think some people have been waiting for something bad to moan about.

That said, anyone who boo'd at the end (I didn't) is entitled. I just think that a team top of the league probably deserves a bit more support and a few less knee-jerk reactions.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
I was really fed up during and after the game, but have calmed down now. It was a poor performance, against lower league opposition again. It is difficult to get these sort of cup games right when we want to concentrate on the league. It is a no win situation. Put out your best team and get a couple of injuries and people moan. Put out an under strength team, don't play well and people moan.
I do have a couple of issues though. The finishing recently has been poor. Gus openly says they only train hard for 90 minutes each day. Well I think the strikers should be putting in a bit of additional practice and the penalty taking needs to be addressed. Who is number 1 taker? Decide and stick with it.....and practice!
Finally, Battipedi, Sandaza and Hart just aren't good enough. I'd rather see a few of the kids given a game than these 3.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Booing is always daft particularly when your yeM is sat on the top of the table overperforming most of our expectations.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If people want to boo,that's up to them.

Just as it's up to the manager to put out a team that couldn't beat eggs in the greatest domestic cup competition in world football,yet pay lip service to just how great it is.

We are not a top tier team.We have supporters who want to see us beat semi-pro teams and get into the next round.

Yes,we are four points clear in a league that hasn't reached half way in the season,and yes,there is a place in the fixtures for the third round.

So please,whoever we get in the next round,can we put out a recognisable side in the replay.In fact,since taking the Woking game for granted we have "lost our way".

Play the strongest team,the winningest team,and let's not end up embarassing ourselves totally in Bury a week on Wednesday.

That way,there would be no need to boo.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Worrying but expect he'll calm down.

It worries me that fans need to be on eggshells for fear Gus may throw his toys out of the pram.

The support this year has been very good, especially away from home. Withdean always struggles to create an atmosphere win, lose or draw, but to make veiled threats over a silly few who booed out of frustration is a bit of an insult to the majority who get behind the team.

I for one don't want to live in fear of him leaving just because a few fans voice some discontent. Think that's him being OTT

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.
I booed at half-time, and I seldom ever do. I thought it was some of the worst tactics I've ever seen, what is the point in wasting time at the back. Waiting for gaps you say? Well, they were more than happy to sit-back and let us do that, so no gaps were ever found.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think Poyet is more disappointed that we drew rather than lost or won. He shouldn't threaten to throw his toys out of the pram just because a small minority booed (I didn't but people pays their money and have the right).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here