Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To the gobshite

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If someone else had started this about an altercation in the North Stand there'd be 3 pages of "why didn't you front him you keyboard warrior" by now. The OP has certainly earned his respect, we all know that, but the absence of such responses makes me think that some on this message board are more equal than others.

Perhaps it's a more of a reflection therefore of the different expectations and reactions of the denizens of the north stand. This is, after all, the gentle east stand, in question.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Who was involved in an altercation at the platinum East entrance at full time.

Well done mate you should be really proud of having a go at a bloke in his late 50's, if I had my way and the steward hadn't been that slow I would have had you detained and banned from the club for life.

Wanker pure and simple......

You don't look a day over 48 though Harty.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
In the cold light of day, apologies for the tone and some of the content of my initial post, however what went on was wrong and I hope that Beach Hut is correct that it will all be covered on CCTV. My mate and I witnessed the whole thing, we actually thought they knew each other and they were joking then the younger fan turned nasty. There clearly is an issue with people wanting post match access to the new bar in the east at the same time people are coming out but this as I said was totally unacceptable.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Oi, I'm in my "late 50's". Is that now considered "too old" for people to have a go at us? Have I reached the age of elderly respect? "After you, grandad", and all that.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Is it wrong to ask what exactly happened?
All I'm aware of so far is an argument, was there more than this? Why did it happen?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Is it wrong to ask what exactly happened?
All I'm aware of so far is an argument, was there more than this? Why did it happen?

East Stand ticket holders coming down the stairs leaving the ground, in particular a man with a female companion, possibly his wife but there was a bit of age difference.
They are met at the bottom of the stairs by two males, one middle aged one younger, clearly on their way to the new bar, they tried to push through, quite forcefully, the ticket holders couldn't move as they had people behind them. What started out as an animated conversation then resulted in one of the men lunging towards the season ticket holder grabbing him, the steward then broke it up and the younger man tried to have another go tried to have a swing and pointed his finger and shouted "Touch my Dad again and I will f****** drop you!" Extremely brave, as I said the bloke he threatened and tried to assault was a good 30 years older than him.
The steward then let the two blokes walk away despite a number of people asking for some kind of action to be taken. The other couple appeared to be quite shaken, question is do we really want people like this in our stadium?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We had some bloke behind me in the WSU shouting and screaming the odds at another supporter half a dozen seats away after he'd called Spanish Dave a 'chicken'.

It was a wonderful, colourful, imaganative use of basic Anglo-Saxon, and worked wonders in front of his six/seven/eight? year old son who was by this time becoming quite distressed. The situation was quelled by the onset of half-time and him yelling to his mate to 'go get me a f*cking Fosters, I need to calm down...'

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We had some bloke behind me in the WSU shouting and screaming the odds at another supporter half a dozen seats away after he'd called Spanish Dave a 'chicken'.

It was a wonderful, colourful, imaganative use of basic Anglo-Saxon, and worked wonders in front of his six/seven/eight? year old son who was by this time becoming quite distressed. The situation was quelled by the onset of half-time and him yelling to his mate to 'go get me a f*cking Fosters, I need to calm down...'

That is similar to bloke behind me with either his 8 or 14 year old daughter who invariably uses the "C" word now.

I do wonder at time what the kids tell Mum when they get home.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

That's exactly what you get with the type of people who frequent the WSU. You should move to the North where we are far more refined :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So why do we put up with it?

Simply because " That's Football " its a game of emotion and passion and a chance for the working man to let off steam or to experience unbridled joy.
A chance to vent your opinion with the most foul language because you have paid for a ticket.

No one would go to the theatre and stand up and say " Tennant you useless Scottish c@@@ " But, football is allowed to be different .because it is football, and I'm afraid I can't see it changing.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
East Stand ticket holders coming down the stairs leaving the ground, in particular a man with a female companion, possibly his wife but there was a bit of age difference.
They are met at the bottom of the stairs by two males, one middle aged one younger, clearly on their way to the new bar, they tried to push through, quite forcefully, the ticket holders couldn't move as they had people behind them. What started out as an animated conversation then resulted in one of the men lunging towards the season ticket holder grabbing him, the steward then broke it up and the younger man tried to have another go tried to have a swing and pointed his finger and shouted "Touch my Dad again and I will f****** drop you!" Extremely brave, as I said the bloke he threatened and tried to assault was a good 30 years older than him.
The steward then let the two blokes walk away despite a number of people asking for some kind of action to be taken. The other couple appeared to be quite shaken, question is do we really want people like this in our stadium?

Thanks.
No I wouldn't have thought many supporters would want that sort of scum at the stadium.
The club need to show a strong no stance for this sort of behaviour.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Is this going to be ongoing problem with ST holders coming out and people wanting to access the new bar?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Simply because " That's Football " its a game of emotion and passion and a chance for the working man to let off steam or to experience unbridled joy.
A chance to vent your opinion with the most foul language because you have paid for a ticket.

No one would go to the theatre and stand up and say " Tennant you useless Scottish c@@@ " But, football is allowed to be different .because it is football, and I'm afraid I can't see it changing.

Are you a parent? Even though my daughters 21 years old, when I bought her last Monday had someone been sitting next to us and started shouting **** this and **** that I think i would have said something.

Is your Dad still alive? How would you have felt if he had been accosted like the person in front of us at the end?

Making allowances because it's 'football' is all well and good but where do you stop?

D

Deleted User X18H

Are you a parent? Even though my daughters 21 years old, when I bought her last Monday had someone been sitting next to us and started shouting **** this and **** that I think i would have said something.

Is your Dad still alive? How would you have felt if he had been accosted like the person in front of us at the end?

Making allowances because it's 'football' is all well and good but where do you stop?

You bought your daughter ? An extravagance too far!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck

I witnessed that altercation too from a few rows behind and to the right. The guy just made himself look like a total idiot. Felt sorry for his son who, as you say looked distressed and embarrassed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'm not making allowances but there are many parts of football which seem immune to reason and common decency why ? " Because thats's football " I once took my youngster to see her uncle playing a local league match in the local park. I had to turn around before we got half way across the park to the pitch because of the foul language being shouted back and forward by the players.
If I had something along the lines of " Excuse me, can't you wee I have my little one here with me ? " what do you think would have been the response. Things change as you grow up, being able to shout out what you want in a crowd when you are 17 does not sit well when most people have grown up, I'm not defending it, it just can't be stopped.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So why do we put up with it?

Surely you remember the North stand in its heyday, much worse that this was going on, its football I don't condone the two idiots having a pop at the season ticket holders and if identified they should be warned/banned but swearing goes on throughout all levels including the players on the pitch. I used to be a referee and if I'd sent off all the players who swore most games would have been 5 asides by halftime

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here