Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Did they ever arrive that day?

Here they are arriving

688276179 (Small).jpg

View attachment 50191

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
None of the early leavers (at h/t or at the end) can be passionate Albion supporters. Real supporters cannot bear to miss a second of the game.

It's good that we have some less-than-passionate supporters (I guess) as their money helps the club, but if we ever get to the situation when the Amex sells out on a regular basis, then priority for seats should be given to supporters who are there for the entire 90 minutes. Don't ask how we could achieve that ... it's just an idea!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Yes I always presume I might miss the best goal BHA will ever score, even if we're 3-0 down which is of course rare in itself.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
priority for seats should be given to supporters who are there for the entire 90 minutes. Don't ask how we could achieve that ... it's just an idea!

How about posting sentries with guns who are authorised to shoot without recriminations anyone that moves until the ref blows the final whistle.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How about posting sentries with guns who are authorised to shoot without recriminations anyone that moves until the ref blows the final whistle.

Rules of Engagement would have to be crystal clear otherwise NSC will be filled with binfests with people moaning about being shot without good cause during added time

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Rules of Engagement would have to be crystal clear otherwise NSC will be filled with binfests with people moaning about being shot without good cause during added time

Fair point, even in the engagement of murder there have to be boundaries that everyone is aware of.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Fair point, even in the engagement of murder there have to be boundaries that everyone is aware of.

Oh yeah, great idea and what about Albion Body Bags, there's one for the Commercial Dept?

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Two things.

NO ONE Who leaves the Amex on 85 minutes does so to be the first at the bar. Not one.

Secondly, you yourself qualify 'when the result is beyond doubt' which is significantly different to when we are chasing a game or hanging on and the same :tosser: s still leave in their thousands.

I think they may, especially if they are heading back to town, rather than the concourse? Even so I bet there are people at the bar in the concourse on 85 minutes, I'm sure?

Surely those who leave early are the only ones who will potentially be missing out? To call them w***ers seems way ott! don't really understand! is it mainly that they may walk past you or u have to stand up that annoys you?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How many northstanders head for the bar before the half time whistle? How many of those very same fans sometimes find that they need to make use of the toilets in either half (or both) and end up blocking the view of others as they squeeze past. Perhaps they should also be made to return to their seats by the guards until the end of each half!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
People can do what they like. That said, the early P&R leavers do screw it up for others as because they leave early and fill the buses up, there arent at the Amex to pick anyone up as they are at Mithras House etc dropping the early leavers off, these buses then need to try and get back to the Amex through the traffic to pick up more - causing a delay which happens every single game (especially for Race Hill which always has a 20 minute + wait before buses return).

Trains are MASSIVELY better than how they were in 2011. Most trains are now a minimum of 6 coaches with ALL Seaford trains now up to 8 coaches which means people can get moved quicker. The signalling upgrade between Brighton and Lewes will mean more frequent trains too - so unless travelling long distances - those who go by train wouldnt need to leave early.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
I always leave 5 mins b4 the end simply because I get very claustrophobic in the queues for the train after the game, funny thing is that every time I go we always manage to score, the ppl I sit with always ask me to go if we need an equaliser lol.
This woman has no clue and I would have confronted her if she done that to me, stupid cow

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
How many northstanders head for the bar before the half time whistle? How many of those very same fans sometimes find that they need to make use of the toilets in either half (or both) and end up blocking the view of others as they squeeze past. Perhaps they should also be made to return to their seats by the guards until the end of each half!

You can always tell those who have been on the lash....the 20 minuters.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
No streams of people heading for the exits as Aston Villa chase an equaliser :whistle:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No streams of people heading for the exits as Aston Villa chase an equaliser :whistle:

Not this time (after the team finally came out for a half at home looking like they can actually play football). If I was still a ST holder there, I'd have been part of many of the massed exits well before the end - given the total shite that they've been served-up for most of this season at VP. Still, at least those folk turned up in the first place...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here