Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] To the "England have been shit" crowd...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought Smalling looked ok......Walker was alright but can't beat a player... Rashford had more impact in 5 minutes than many had for the whole game... Kane, Ali, Sturridge Sterling waste of space. Rooney a truly bad game.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could be the end of Rooney after this.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, ok, now THAT was shit! That was a typical England tournament performance; I wrap my frustration and disappointment around me like an old, familiar blanket.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yeah, ok, now THAT was shit! That was a typical England tournament performance; I wrap my frustration and disappointment around me like an old, familiar blanket.
I don't even know how to experience disappointment with England anymore. I don't even feel numb, just sad for my kids who like it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
To the "England have been shit" crowd...
Sadly the crowd will have increased in number...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Could be the end of Rooney after this.

Could!?

Messi has just announced his retirement from international football. There should be a clue in there for Rooney somewhere.

Thought he done ok, by and large, in this tournament until tonight. Then tonight when we most needed a leader on the pitch he went into hiding and took the whole team with him. He has to call it a day now.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't even know how to experience disappointment with England anymore. I don't even feel numb, just sad for my kids who like it.
At least your kids will have decent levels of expectation and accept that for a 2nd tier nation like England reaching the quarter finals of a major competition represents a good tournament. A lot of older people have had to have this delusion painfully knocked out of them, think of all the people who complained when Sven had us punching well above our usual crappy weight,

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I admit I tried to support England but I admit it was half hearted (even though I thought possession was good) and I still got a cow pat prize on my head as my reward.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I'm like that. I'm just glad we didn't get to play well and go out on penalties against a top nation. That can smart a bit.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could!?

Messi has just announced his retirement from international football. There should be a clue in there for Rooney somewhere.

Thought he done ok, by and large, in this tournament until tonight. Then tonight when we most needed a leader on the pitch he went into hiding and took the whole team with him. He has to call it a day now.
My comment was not vindictive, he has played reasonably well this tournament.

I feel that all the tournament failures we have had will mount up and he will say " I really don't want to do this any more ". He may well be as fed up as the fans.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My comment was not vindictive, he has played reasonably well this tournament.

I feel that all the tournament failures we have had will mount up and he will say " I really don't want to do this any more ". He may well be as fed up as the fans.

He did OK against mediocre opposition before last night. Last night he was awful - not just his own game, but appeared to be lacking in any kind of leadership.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He did OK against mediocre opposition before last night. Last night he was awful - not just his own game, but appeared to be lacking in any kind of leadership.
Could not see the point of subbing him with 5 to go. You don't take your captain off if you are pushing to equalise and go to extra time.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Yes he was crap, as were I believe the whole team. I struggle to think of a single player that turned up tonight with even the slightest enthusiasm. If I had to point a finger, I'd guess, and only that, that Hodgson didn't seem capable of instilling an ounce of motivation into the squad.
To add also, that my long memories of championships recalls most successful teams improving with each game they play. So why FFS did he drop six of them for the last game and have to gel the team again last night...madness. Hodgsons a good deal younger than me, but even more stupid!
What with this and the disastrous state of our political status, I'm praying either for six numbers in the lottery, or the club revealing an amazing striker acquisition.....:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here