Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To the clown who delayed the train at home at Gatwick last night...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was on that one too.

Left Wembley at 19.30ish I think.

Walked in my front door at 23.50.

Never been to Wembley before, I had heard that queues were bad but when I saw Wembley Way after I literally said "****ING hell".

Not an easy place to get away from!

Didn't help that there was no Jubilee Line when I got to the front and had to go Metropolitan to Baker St to join the Jubilee.

Don't like London at the best of times.

If the KO had been a reasonable time (3pm) then fine but 16.30 with possible E.T and penalties is taking the proverbial IMO.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I was on that one too.

Left Wembley at 19.30ish I think.

Walked in my front door at 23.50.

Never been to Wembley before, I had heard that queues were bad but when I saw Wembley Way after I literally said "****ING hell".

Not an easy place to get away from!

Didn't help that there was no Jubilee Line when I got to the front and had to go Metropolitan to Baker St to join the Jubilee.

Don't like London at the best of times.

If the KO had been a reasonable time (3pm) then fine but 16.30 with possible E.T and penalties is taking the proverbial IMO.
I think you're right on the kick-off time.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Got the coach home and it took three hours ... not too bad in the scheme of things.

Son tried his luck on the trains, and got home (to Seaford) six hours after the game ended, having paid a £65 taxi fare from Brighton because he was too late for any connecting trains. (He'd failed to board two trains at Clapham Junction because they were too crowded, and the third one was running late.)

4.30pm kick-offs on a Sunday are a pain in the arse.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Got the coach home and it took three hours ... not too bad in the scheme of things.

Son tried his luck on the trains, and got home (to Seaford) six hours after the game ended, having paid a £65 taxi fare from Brighton because he was too late for any connecting trains. (He'd failed to board two trains at Clapham Junction because they were too crowded, and the third one was running late.)

4.30pm kick-offs on a Sunday are a pain in the arse.
You have to wonder how MU fans coped….oh hang on Guildford’s not too far

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Echo the point that 16.30 KO on a Sunday is an absolute pain in the arse. Unfortunately, 81,000 bothered to go yesterday. Until that number dwindles, no one who makes these decisions will care.

I'm equally annoyed that this Saturday is our last 15.00 KO which effectively makes it my sons last home game given we have a 300 miles round trip for each game. The Everton game being the particular icing on that cake.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Not sure is the same train relating to this post. The one we were on (Victoria to Hastings) was very very slow, just before it got to Gatwick, two people by the door in our carriage collapsed (fainted maybe due to the heat and packed train). When we departed the train they were both being looked after by station staff.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not sure is the same train relating to this post. The one we were on (Victoria to Hastings) was very very slow, just before it got to Gatwick, two people by the door in our carriage collapsed (fainted maybe due to the heat and packed train). When we departed the train they were both being looked after by station staff.
I was on this train, couldn’t see what was happening as I was sitting down further down the carriage, heard the commotion though.
The train wasn’t too bad until it reached Clapham Junction and then became overcrowded and very hot.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I was on that train too. And the guy who got off at Burgess Hill presumably to have a cigarette or be sick or something, and the driver had to ask his mates to get him back on over the tannoy. I would have just driven off and left him.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
IMG_1471.jpeg

Southern fail and running only 8 coaches was stupid , also didn’t help that network rail had closed fast lines between Croydon and three bridges resulting in every train either fast or slow having to use the slow lines via redhill , nightmare when running late and then stuck behind an all stations stopping service . We were lucky and made the 20:46 to polegate (only 25 late) before the stupid barriers got drawn across at vic .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was a lot on the tube to Ruislip last night, normal I guess.
To be fair a lot of fans park out that way and tube in don’t they? Easier to get away and head north

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here