• #TeamRecliner

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • #TeamGetYourSeatOutOfMyFace

Votes: 110 81.5%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And what about those of us that have our seats paid for by our business so there is no option of an upgrade ?

Maybe only business seats should be able to recline not economy ?

Last month flew back from Canada and the arse in front of me reclined and didn't even put his seat upright during meal service despite me asking .... until the cabin crew asked him. I'd happily support the removal of the recline option on all flights.

Get yourself a promotion :wink:

And no, I don't recline

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
And what about those of us that have our seats paid for by our business so there is no option of an upgrade ?

Last month flew back from Canada and the arse in front of me reclined and didn't even put his seat upright during meal service despite me asking .... until the cabin crew asked him. I'd happily support the removal of the recline option on all flights.

Word. At 6ft 3, Plane journeys in economy are always hideous but a necessary evil. On the way back from Orlando last year some big fat Yank moved his seat back as soon as he could which was made worse by his big fat lardy frame moving it back move than it was naturally designed for. As a result I couldn't really watch the TV screen or do anything like move. He wouldn't move it forward either.

Personally, I'd bring back the death penalty for recliners.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Could you have reclined your seat?

Of course I could but :

a. I didn't want to.

b. The person behind might have not wanted me to.

Thankfully my discomfort was resolved by the cabin crew. Reclining is no better than those fat people that think it's OK for their rolls of fat to invade your seat on planes or trains. You want extra space or indeed, need it, then bloody well pay for it or go on a diet.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Obviously it depends which class/type of aircraft you're in, but in the instance in the video, no way would I recline. There isn't much room on those aircraft anyway and the fella can't recline his seat so he's stuck (not quite literally, but more so than her). I've had that situation before – one time the top of the seat in front of me was only a matter of inches from my face. My seat reclined, but why should I impose that sort of constraint on the person behind? I've regularly had it when my knees have been up against the seat in front – ironically sometimes preventing further reclining!

I would only recline when there was ample room behind and I knew it wouldn't encroach too much on other passengers. On the other hand, I've only suffered on short-haul flights, so only a couple of hours' relative discomfort – not TOO bad in the grand scheme of things.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course I could but :

a. I didn't want to.

b. They person behind might have not wanted me to.

Thankfully my discomfort was resolved by the cabin crew. Reclining is no better than those fat people that think it's OK for their rolls of fat to invade your seat on planes or trains. You want extra space then bloody well pay for it.

I didn’t know if you unable to, like the bearded guy in the video.

Digressing, I’ve seen territorial unspoken battles over the armrest. The moment the occupier’s arm leaves it, their neighbour taking control for a very long stint.

The price of overcrowded cattle class.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I fly a lot and I can tell you recliners can almost always be filed under "pretty ****ing useless at life".

It's always them who causes a scene on boarding the plane by having issues putting their luggage in the overhead bin. It's always them who is painfully slow disembarking the plane, usually having issues taking their luggage out of the overhead bin.

I suspect they are the same planks who find it a huge challenge to navigate swiftly through airport security.

Bell cheeses the lot of them.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
If the seat reclines then you have paid for a reclining seat so you are entitled to use it.
If you dont want the person in front to recline pay for an emergency exit seat or business class.

Bet you are a right laugh in a full car.

"My seat moves back AND reclines, so I'll do that thankyouverymuch. I don't give a toss about your severed legs Andrew, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE GETTING IN A CAR THAT HAS MOVING SEATS. Mmaaaaaaaaaa"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I fly a lot and I can tell you recliners can almost always be filed under "pretty ****ing useless at life".

It's always them who causes a scene on boarding the plane by having issues putting their luggage in the overhead bin. It's always them who is painfully slow disembarking the plane, usually having issues taking their luggage out of the overhead bin.

I suspect they are the same planks who find it a huge challenge to navigate swiftly through airport security.

Bell cheeses the lot of them.

I said similar in another thread. Novices and families should have their own separate security lane. Families are the worst: they use the kids as luggage mules, have tons and tons of shit with them, and ALWAYS have to have their luggage go through the x-ray multiple times due to cosmetics, baby food, bottles, hair straighteners not being separated.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
It takes a special kind of inconsiderate idiot to recline if it's obvious you will be causing the person behind you to be uncomfortable. I hold a special kind of contempt for anyone that thinks it's their right because they've bought the ticket and to hell with anyone else. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

THIS.

He was compensated by the Airline.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I don't know why airlines don't make half the seats reclinable and half not.

Can you still buy those little wedges that stop the dinlow in front invading your space ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You should want to think about the people around you. I had a bit of a problem on a flight last year, it was 9 hours and the person in front of me wanted to recline. I could barely fit my legs under the seat in front as it was and reclining would have meant crushing me entirely. The chap asked me first and then spoke with the people in his row and my friends in mine - ultimately he moved to sit in front of our little lady where his reclining made no difference to anyone. It took 2 minutes, everyone was happy and there were no problems. Maybe I live in some kind of eutopia, but that's how I feel it should always be.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Bet you are a right laugh in a full car.

"My seat moves back AND reclines, so I'll do that thankyouverymuch. I don't give a toss about your severed legs Andrew, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE GETTING IN A CAR THAT HAS MOVING SEATS. Mmaaaaaaaaaa"

Never travel in a full car.....have not sat in a back seat for years and years.......in fact what the hell has that got to do with reclining aircraft seats?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
#TeamGetYourSeatOutOfMyFace

As a frequent flyer it's my pet hate, sociopathic fellow passengers who want to end up in your lap, especially on short haul flights.

I have a very effective plan of action for this. It embarrasses the hell out of Mrs Shingle, but it's got to be done. Passenger in front tries to recline seat, I press firmly on seat to equal pressure as he's trying to recline, after a while as passenger in front can't see whats being done he ends up thinking his seat is faulty and gives up. It works every time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
#TeamGetYourSeatOutOfMyFace

As a frequent flyer it's my pet hate, sociopathic fellow passengers who want to end up in your lap, especially on short haul flights.

I have a very effective plan of action for this. It embarrasses the hell out of Mrs Shingle, but it's got to be done. Passenger in front tries to recline seat, I press firmly on seat to equal pressure as he's trying to recline, after a while as passenger in front can't see whats being done he ends up thinking his seat is faulty and gives up. It works every time.

The joy of travel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here