Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] To give Boris Johnson credit....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And once again, the questioning of Johnson proves to be justified. He’s been caught in a lie again. How many times will we have to be called bitter or be told to get on with it, and how many times will the leader of the country be caught lying before his fervid supporters admit they elected a liar who cares nothing for democracy and the rule of law.

What a mess. Johnson has managed, in the space of less than a year, to cultivate a mob of braying, nodding, mailable followers who defend his every betrayal of our democratic structure and pour scorn on any imagined slight against the great leader.

Mainly because he managed to force through Brexit. An idea so bad he had to break the law and then call an emergency election just to get it through. An idea you we’re behind so were happy to forgive him his flouting of the law. I wonder how forgiving you will be when he gets round to something you do care about? Or will you be so brainwashed by then, you cease to care?

You mugs. You tragic, obvious, dangerous, pathetic, mugs.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And once again, the questioning of Johnson proves to be justified. He’s been caught in a lie again. How many times will we have to be called bitter or be told to get on with it, and how many times will the leader of the country be caught lying before his fervid supporters admit they elected a liar who cares nothing for democracy and the rule of law.

What a mess. Johnson has managed, in the space of less than a year, to cultivate a mob of braying, nodding, mailable followers who defend his every betrayal of our democratic structure and pour scorn on any imagined slight against the great leader.

Mainly because he managed to force through Brexit. An idea so bad he had to break the law and then call an emergency election just to get it through. An idea you we’re behind so were happy to forgive him his flouting of the law. I wonder how forgiving you will be when he gets round to something you do care about? Or will you be so brainwashed by then, you cease to care?

Sadly, too many people are willing to ignore the lies and indeed his actions.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011

'Mailable' - I like what you've done there!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Btw the owner of Carphone Warehouse has said he didn’t pay for the holiday so someone is lying.

MPs have to declare anything that might have a value regardless of whether it was paid for by ANYONE. It's the same in many companies. So despite your conspiracy theory, nobody is lying in this case - Johnson HAD to declare it as there was a monetary value even though nobody actually paid for it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Of course it’s justified to question things he’s done, shame there wasn’t a single person from any party capable of mounting a viable challenge to him, even with all his failings.

Perhaps you can tell us who the alternative was rather than ranting against those that chose the lesser of the evils presented as candidates.

Who do YOU think should be running the country?

Perhaps try not to get abusive whilst answering too. :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
MPs have to declare anything that might have a value regardless of whether it was paid for by ANYONE. It's the same in many companies. So despite your conspiracy theory, nobody is lying in this case - Johnson HAD to declare it as there was a monetary value even though nobody actually paid for it.

Who covered the cost? Genuine question.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course it’s justified to question things he’s done, shame there wasn’t a single person from any party capable of mounting a viable challenge to him, even with all his failings.

Perhaps you can tell us who the alternative was rather than ranting against those that chose the lesser of the evils presented as candidates.

Who do YOU think should be running the country?

Perhaps try not to get abusive whilst answering too. :wink:

At the point of the recent general election? Anyone who had the backbone to scrap Brexit. The fallout would be piffling compared to the mess we are marching into right now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On the subject of the HS2.
Whilst he was MP for Uxbridge, he was well against the HS2 together with Hillingdon Council.
Now because our northern cousins want it, its back on. :tosser:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Who covered the cost? Genuine question.

The report I read was that it was free to Johnson but the value should he ( or anyone else ) had to have paid for it was £15k. Nice to have connections like that but I don't think anything dodgy has gone on.

My parents own a place in France which they sometimes rent out - if I arranged to lend it to Peter Kyle for free, he'd still have to declare it at whatever my parents would normally rent it out at.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At the point of the recent general election? Anyone who had the backbone to scrap Brexit. The fallout would be piffling compared to the mess we are marching into right now.

I was a remainer but find that very undemocratic, even though I wish we were still part of Europe. :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They also have to confirm the source as there are rules about it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On the subject of the HS2.
Whilst he was MP for Uxbridge, he was well against the HS2 together with Hillingdon Council.
Now because our northern cousins want it, its back on. :tosser:

Not forgetting his opinion of the third runway. He disappeared when it came to the vote.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The report I read was that it was free to Johnson but the value should he ( or anyone else ) had to have paid for it was £15k. Nice to have connections like that but I don't think anything dodgy has gone on.

My parents own a place in France which they sometimes rent out - if I arranged to lend it to Peter Kyle for free, he'd still have to declare it at whatever my parents would normally rent it out at.

But in that case, we know who the owner is. The point about Johnson is we don't know who the owner of the villa is - it doesn't matter whether it's cash or goods in kind, it's the fact that it's anonymous that is troubling,.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Understood and you’re right but I mean who covered then cost. It’s value is 15k, somebody covered that cost or gave a freebie. Who supplied the holiday gratis?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here