Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
We could win the next 4 , nothing to be scared of there

Agreed, Villa's win against Norwich is nothing to be concerned about. Same goalkeeper that conceded 5 when he last played against us. Villa will be tough, but I don't think a win is completely off the cards. Maybe their big win will lead them into a false sense of security which Potter and the boys will exploit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agreed, Villa's win against Norwich is nothing to be concerned about. Same goalkeeper that conceded 5 when he last played against us. Villa will be tough, but I don't think a win is completely off the cards. Maybe their big win will lead them into a false sense of security which Potter and the boys will exploit.

They could be saying similar to us. Replace the dodgy keeper at norwich, with underperforming spurs. Lets hope we don't get carried away with our big win...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Another tactical number by Potter and a win is in the bag. We looked better than Spurs in every position, each error we made was mopped up by a team mate almost immediately

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
They could be saying similar to us. Replace the dodgy keeper at norwich, with underperforming spurs. Lets hope we don't get carried away with our big win...

Have you seen the Norwich highlights? It isn’t a case of getting carried away, go watch the highlights of that game. Watch how absolutely woeful McGovern is at goalkeeping..

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tracker says we need 4 wins & 2 draws in the next 14 games to be level.

If we can keep Saturday’s form up, we’re going to win a lot more than 4 games, a lot more!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

I really fancy us to get something at Villa. They played a lot of their first team regulars against our kids the other week and they didn’t look overly convincing to me compared to what I was expecting when looking at the difference in the 2 line ups.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Having beaten Spurs, who we lost to last year, we are now plus 3 points compared to last season's results against the same teams.

Wasn't it a draw in the home game last season?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Having beaten Spurs, who we lost to last year, we are now plus 3 points compared to last season's results against the same teams.

Based on the 18/19 results of the fixtures so far, we are 3 points ahead.

Game week 8.png

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
So we’re a point ahead of where we’ve ever been in the PL after 8 games, whether judged on simply number of games or by opponent.........

Exactly! This is in fact our best start so far, Villa next who obviously are new entrants as far as our PL history is concerned. In theory, the standard model anticipates we get 4 points off them this season. Based on ‘expected goals’, Villa are about where their performances suggest they should be. So it could be a tight game if we have luck / poor finishing in line with our games prior to Spurs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly! This is in fact our best start so far, Villa next who obviously are new entrants as far as our PL history is concerned. In theory, the standard model anticipates we get 4 points off them this season. Based on ‘expected goals’, Villa are about where their performances suggest they should be. So it could be a tight game if we have luck / poor finishing in line with our games prior to Spurs.

It’s actually pretty damn good given GP has only had 8 games trying to implement a completely different style of play, and with several key players injured. We could easily be a few points better off with a bit of luck too.

Oddschecker have us around 7th favourites to go down at the moment (around 4/1). A couple more performances like Saturday and those odds will drift pretty rapidly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here