Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2022-23 FINAL Update - 22 OVER

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Still on fifteen points above the tracker - the voice of calm and reassurance, despite things like goals scored from multi-ball situations and deflections!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Better late than ever, but as mentioned the Leeds game was an expected point (and for Europe too) so remain 15 over relegation tracker and 2 over Europe.

NSC F 24.png

NSC G 24.png

NSC E 24.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Perhaps more than ever the full league table comparison is a good guide of where we really are now.

NSC Others 24.png

Liverpool have edged us into 6th (due to their win over Man Utd which added 3 points whilst their defeat at Bournemouth cost them only 1 point).

Lots of key games to come.

And Palace still not yet in as much trouble as I'd like them to be.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I fancy us to be better off than +2 on the European tracker after Chelsea on 15/4.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I fancy us to be better off than +2 on the European tracker after Chelsea on 15/4.
Yes potentially. 7 points from 5 games.

But equally 7 points from the next 3 games given we have only achieved 2 from the last 3 seems tough, as opposition is similar on paper with 3 teams all very motivated to perform.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Yes potentially. 7 points from 5 games.

But equally 7 points from the next 3 games given we have only achieved 2 from the last 3 seems tough, as opposition is similar on paper with 3 teams all very motivated to perform.

All of the five games are tough, but we're more than good enough to get a result in all five. Of course I don't necessarily think we will.

BUT, the fact that five points from those games (bare minimum imo) would leave us on par with the European tracker after 29 games is remarkable.

I reckon 8 from the next 5, anyway...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
All of the five games are tough, but we're more than good enough to get a result in all five. Of course I don't necessarily think we will.

BUT, the fact that five points from those games (bare minimum imo) would leave us on par with the European tracker after 29 games is remarkable.

I reckon 8 from the next 5, anyway...
That's why not seeing off Palace (first time), clumsy defeat to Fulham and the Leeds draw feel so disappointing. We could have been very insulated against a poor run.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Perhaps more than ever the full league table comparison is a good guide of where we really are now.

View attachment 158309

Liverpool have edged us into 6th (due to their win over Man Utd which added 3 points whilst their defeat at Bournemouth cost them only 1 point).

Lots of key games to come.

And Palace still not yet in as much trouble as I'd like them to be.
Only just noticed how low Brentford are. Their real position?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Still 15 big points ahead, as we head to the international break - and I do think the 3 points for THIS game is optimistic as we all know sod's law when it comes to this fixture (and they ARE sods, to put it mildly). Could almost see it as a further 3 points gained! :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We have already finished higher and with more points than most Brighton Premier League teams but there is still 13 games to go!

We’ve beaten:

Hughton’s class of 17/18 - 40 pts
Hughton’s class of 18/19 - 36 pts
Potter’s class of 19/20 - 41pts
Potter’s class of 20/21 - 41 pts

Next target, Potter’s class of 21/22 - 51pts
We’ve won the same amount of games as these boys already!

Can we catch them before May?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And league table update, Brentford moved back up thanks to a plus 2 in the week. Southampton sank, or should that be stank?

NSC Others 25.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here