Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2022-23 FINAL Update - 22 OVER

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And the full league table comparison which is interesting for me on a few counts:

1) We are we should be.
2) Man Utd are doing better than people think despite today's result.
3) Newcastle are currently higher than they should be due to an easy run
4) So are Palace
5) So are Leeds who are still very much in a relegation battle despite two late wins.

NSC Others 13.png

Attachments

• NSC Others 13.png
    NSC Others 13.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 27

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
often see comments like this, and never understood them. You may as well say but if we had won every game we would be top. The tracker and League table would look alarmingly different if we had lost the first five games!- but we didnt. Had we won all our home games last year we would be in Europe now- but we didn't and arent

The tracker isnt for what might have happened if- its for what actually happened- and that is the best ever start to anf top flight campaign we have been in.
I don’t disagree with you at all. The point that I was trying badly to get across is that there is a fine line in the EPL between success and failure, or between euphoria and despondency, especially in the early part of the season. The tide can turn very quickly. Two defeats in the last two games would have painted a very different picture, especially in relation to the league table. Witness the mood change at Villa over just this afternoon.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Nothing against the tracker, but we're hoping to be a top half team now, rather than just hoping to avoid relegation. Indeed we were a top half team last season, and were 4th when RdZ took over, and should gave been aiming for more than 4 points.

To finish where we want, I'd hope for a point at home to Spurs and Chelsea, 3 against Forest, and perhaps 4 away to Brentford and a (currently) poor Wolves. Given we have a new manager, 8 is good enough, but under Potter I'm not sure it would be any more than par.
Nah, tracker stays #teamslikebrighton while in reality we f*** up the top 4

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
And the full league table comparison which is interesting for me on a few counts:

1) We are we should be.
2) Man Utd are doing better than people think despite today's result.
3) Newcastle are currently higher than they should be due to an easy run
4) So are Palace
5) So are Leeds who are still very much in a relegation battle despite two late wins.

View attachment 153436
This table is consistent with it being a very compressed bottom half this season. 8 points between bottom and 9th spot ! At the moment there are only 2 teams falling by more than a couple of points behind the magic point per game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don’t disagree with you at all. The point that I was trying badly to get across is that there is a fine line in the EPL between success and failure, or between euphoria and despondency, especially in the early part of the season. The tide can turn very quickly. Two defeats in the last two games would have painted a very different picture, especially in relation to the league table. Witness the mood change at Villa over just this afternoon.
…..and yet we’d still be 4 ahead on the tracker…..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Form - and what we might hope for - is nothing to do with the tracker. The tracker has a specific purpose, and does it brilliantly.
I know what the tracker does, and I wasn't saying it should be stopped. But it's not super impressive to outperform it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
….but it’s nominally the ‘staying up tracker’, so simply a guide against that target. You’re essentially talking to the ‘Europe tracker’ line (y)
I was simply replying to a post that suggested it was impressive that we got more points from some games than the tracker would have us on. Any team like us could have a bad season and suddenly be in a relegation scrap, but that's not to say we can't hope for more than just following it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This guy is clearly a world class coach, many levels above Potter.
Blimey, you've changed your tune. A couple of weeks ago you were the second person to doubt him (and the other was on a wind up).

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I don't understand your post
Tracker puts us top 10 or thereabouts (which is far above where a team like Brighton should be according to every pundit/top 10 fanbase) whereas I’ve got £20 on us to finish top 4. Therefore this Albion fan thinks we ARE going to f*** up the top (toxic) 4. 👍

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tracker puts us top 10 or thereabouts (which is far above where a team like Brighton should be according to every pundit/top 10 fanbase) whereas I’ve got £20 on us to finish top 4. Therefore this Albion fan thinks we ARE going to f*** up the top (toxic) 4. 👍
Blimey. If we finish top 4 I imagine you can retire

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here