Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid De Zerbi Bashing - The Staying Up/Europe Tracker - season 2023-24 - Game 35 Update - 10 OVER

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Updated after tonight's games (assuming Liverpool beat Chelsea).

NSC Others 22b.png

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The tracker has been a much needed island of safety in the past but this… is a little depressing.

Obviously the tracker has one job, which is to demonstrate where we stand in relation to the 40 point target, but in terms of recent seasons it also shows that we’ve entered “treading water” territory.

That said. We’ve been smashing up the Europa League and FA Cup. So long as we duff up Croydon on Saturday, I’ll remain resolutely glass half full.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The tracker has been a much needed island of safety in the past but this… is a little depressing.

Obviously the tracker has one job, which is to demonstrate where we stand in relation to the 40 point target, but in terms of recent seasons it also shows that we’ve entered “treading water” territory.

That said. We’ve been smashing up the Europa League and FA Cup. So long as we duff up Croydon on Saturday, I’ll remain resolutely glass half full.
I’m on the same page. This season is all about the Europa League. Anything beyond that is a massive bonus. And there is still a chance to qualify for Europe in the top 8 (subject to extra Europe place) or through winning FA Cup or Europa League. Imagine if we reach semis in both of these for example but finish 10th. Still a great season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m on the same page. This season is all about the Europa League. Anything beyond that is a massive bonus. And there is still a chance to qualify for Europe in the top 8 (subject to extra Europe place) or through winning FA Cup or Europa League. Imagine if we reach semis in both of these for example but finish 10th. Still a great season.

I’m relaxed, the tracker doesn’t sadden me. Our £200m squad was never going to be enough for top 6 and playing a stack of European games. Is it 12 PL clubs who get a week’s prep between most fixtures? Tenth and a EL run was my season’s prediction.

Thank you for the graphics.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still 7 over after that absolute hammering of a truly woeful Palace team. Actually quite disappointed we didn't fully avenge the 2002 drubbing. They were there for the taking second half.

Still 6 below Europe.

Two decent chances for bonus points coming up.

NSC F 23.png

NSC G 23.png
NSC E 23.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Updated league table. Up to 11th.

NSC Others 23.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We really need this fella to look better in two games time.

NSC All seasons Graph.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Am I right in thinking that if we finish 8th (where we are now) we ought to qualify for the Conference League. Except that if Chelsea win the Carabao Cup they'd take the Conference League place (assuming they don't finish in the top 7 which looks increasingly unlikely.

So we really want Liverpool to beat them in the final, even more than we would usually?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Am I right in thinking that if we finish 8th (where we are now) we ought to qualify for the Conference League. Except that if Chelsea win the Carabao Cup they'd take the Conference League place (assuming they don't finish in the top 7 which looks increasingly unlikely.

So we really want Liverpool to beat them in the final, even more than we would usually?

Yes you are right, but it also assumes England's current European coefficient improves by the English teams performing better in Europe. Believe we are currently third (behind Italy and Germany) and we need to be first to get the extra Champions League place.

You need to sort by the 23/24 season

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Yes you are right, but it also assumes England's current European coefficient improves by the English teams performing better in Europe. Believe we are currently third (behind Italy and Germany) and we need to be first to get the extra Champions League place.

You need to sort by the 23/24 season
Thank you. In that case I think we should do our patriotic duty and win the Europa League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here