Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To anyone who thinks beating Cardiff will be easy.....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't just go on the form guide.

Cardiff's last five were Burton, Bristol, Villa, Brentford, Barnsley, all but Barnsley in the bottom half of the table. Our last five were Sheff Wed, Preston, Fulham, QPR and Birmingham, all but one in the top half.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
They were awful against Burton at the weekend by all accounts. Only won because Burton were even worse. They'll set up to defend, but it has the feeling of a game where if we get one, we will get a few. It's just a questiion of whether we get that first one.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Since we had the bore draw down there, they have moved 6 places up the table whilst we are still in the same position.:ohmy:
Warnock has his old boys team groomed to avoid the drop.
It's our turn to win. We'll thrash them.:sheep:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just going to start a couple of polls:

How many goals will we beat Cardiff by tomorrow?
(zero won't be an option)
and
How will you celebrate victory against Cardiff tomorrow?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If we'd played them when we were first scheduled to I think we'd have done them. Since then as I thought would happen (screw you cosmos) they have started to find a bit of form. So playing them now is a harder task than when the original game was drawn to play.
On the other hand, you could argue that their need for points is less urgent than it was.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we'd played them when we were first scheduled to I think we'd have done them.
As it is, we had a rest and then beat Fulham away. I don't feel too unlucky about this one.
Since then as I thought would happen (screw you cosmos) they have started to find a bit of form. So playing them now is a harder task than when the original game was drawn to play.
Well they won their next game, so they could have played well against us. I don't believe our team are complacent in games, but they could be better prepared for a tough game now that they were back then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can one of the options be:-

'I won't celebrate winning against these little teams is a foregone conclusion'.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bet they weren't when we were first due to play them :angry:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
No Albion fan ever takes matches like these for granted, but remember that teams such as Huddersfield and
Leeds have come to us in good runs of form and we've beaten them.

el punal

Banana Skin Republic alert! We haven't beaten Cardiff at home since 2002, admittedly all the results have been draws at the Amex. After the euphoria of beating Wednesday on Friday I hope the team (and the fans) don't consider this to be an easy 3 pointer. Having said that I don't believe Chris or the team will take anything for granted and will be totally prepared for all eventualities.

Remember, we are Brighton, we don't do hope and expectation. Doom, gloom and pessimism is the order of the day. :drink:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just going to start a couple of polls:

How many goals will we beat Cardiff by tomorrow?
(zero won't be an option)
and

None and i wont as we are not playing them until Tuesday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here