Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To all those in the RDZ out camp...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I actually think Potter would be a decent fit. We were starting to finally sort out our scoring problems just before he left, and our defence was MILES better under him.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I actually think Potter would be a decent fit. We were starting to finally sort out our scoring problems just before he left, and our defence was MILES better under him.
I'd love to see us try the old two man corner taking routine one more time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not in the RDZ out camp or even almost there, but yesterday was the first time I seriously doubted his methods.
His way of playing does also seem like it must be mentally exhausting after a while - requires a supreme level of concentration at all times.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
You are not wrong, he was doing a fine job at the time he walked out, however can you imagine how toxic the atmosphere would be after a couple of poor Amex performances? It’s a no from me

I am very concerned about keeping RDZ too. If he does turn it around will he go all arrogant and “honest” again?

I am moving into a we need a clean broom mode now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You are not wrong, he was doing a fine job at the time he walked out, however can you imagine how toxic the atmosphere would be after a couple of poor Amex performances? It’s a no from me
Do you not think it could be a bit like when Murray came back? All forgiven once he banged a few in.

I think if we started brightly, and were back to having a much improved defence, I think most people would get over themselves.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Should be lots of options out there. Considering that we won the Europa league 16,000 times:

2024-04-29 08.23.36 www.youtube.com d0e9b09c824e.png

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Do you not think it could be a bit like when Murray came back? All forgiven once he banged a few in.

I think if we started brightly, and were back to having a much improved defence, I think most people would get over themselves.

Not convinced, I know NSC is not representative of the overall fanbase but there are MANY on here who hated everything about Potter and are never slow in posting about it. If even 10% of the fanbase feel the same it will be toxic when things aren’t going well, imo.

I see that at least a couple of the Potter haters have posted that they have totally lost their mojos on the mojo thread, so maybe they are the ones with a problem regardless of who the manager is once we hit a bad patch. :smile:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not convinced, I know NSC is not representative of the overall fanbase but there are MANY on here who hated everything about Potter and are never slow in posting about it. If even 10% of the fanbase feel the same it will be toxic when things aren’t going well, imo.

I see that at least a couple of the Potter haters have posted that they have totally lost their mojos on the mojo thread, so maybe they are the ones with a problem regardless of who the manager is once we hit a bad patch. :smile:
Yeah of that 10% I would bet you can simply file at least 50% of them under miserable bastards.

We've all seen them. We all know them. We've all sat next to them. Never happier than when they're moaning.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yeah of that 10% I would bet you can simply file at least 50% of them under miserable bastards.

We've all seen them. We all know them. We've all sat next to them. Never happier than when they're moaning.
True, all around me at Wembley were people shouting abuse at Undav when he came on. Depressing considering that we were still in with a chance of winning.

Luckily at the Amex I sit between two mates and we basically think the same so cheer and moan together.

As much as I was gutted when Potter left, he did a bloody good job and left us in a good place. Yes, there were many times that we'd lost/drawn games which we totally dominated and he'd sort our defensive frailties out which have been diabolical at times this season. In the very unlikely event he did return it wouldn't be so bad.
Liam Rosenior anyone? Doing a good job with average resources at Hull City.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
As much as I was gutted when Potter left, he did a bloody good job and left us in a good place. Yes, there were many times that we'd lost/drawn games which we totally dominated and he'd sort our defensive frailties out which have been diabolical at times this season. In the very unlikely event he did return it wouldn't be so bad.
Liam Rosenior anyone? Doing a good job with average resources at Hull City.
Don't want RDZ to go, but if he did Rosenior would be my first choice. Mostly because he seems a great bloke and is doing really well for himself in the Champo

But I'm unfamiliar with the detail of the work of the various european managers quoted on this thread. Most of them could be setting their teams up like the 1988 Wimbledon team for all I know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here