Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all Palace fans

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
since we are dragging up the past, didnt you lose 9 - 0 to Middlesborough in 1958 when you were in the same division ?

"How embarrassing to be smashed 9-0 by a team in the same league as you"

can't we live in the present ?

Fine by me, yesterday is very much in the past now so I trust you'll be leaving well alone (not that I really care to be honest, it sure beat a day out at Selhurst Park, and I enjoyed myself in spite of the result).

Hdeagle

May 17, 2011
Palace are in fine fettle both on and off of the pitch as our young stars gain experience and get better and better as they demonstrated in our fine 4-0 thrashing of in-form Watford who had won 5 out of their last 6 games prior to meeting us.

Incidentally how many club chairmen regularly post and banter with fellow fans on their club noticeboards like ours do on the CPFC BBS and the Holmesdale Online and are open to new ideas and suggestions on matters relating to their club and its fans.

Our advance Season Ticket sales are up as well and so we are looking forwards to a bright future and financial stability after the dark days of administration and mis-management.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Our advance Season Ticket sales are up as well and so we are looking forwards to a bright future and financial stability

What are they up to now? Five thousand? :wink:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
The 9-0 destruction was not the end of the humiliation.

In the PL era, LFC won 6-1 at Smellhurst in 1994. I repeat, the HOME team lost 6-1. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We were unlucky in both those games though!

Was at the 9-0 but luckily for me was at the Oval the day of the 1-6 debacle watching Devon Malcolm get hit on the noggin, get angry and get 9-57 odd against the Saffers.

We also lost 5-0 at Anfield in the early 90s I recall. But have won twice there since.

Paulie out.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Palace are in fine fettle both on and off of the pitch as our young stars gain experience and get better and better as they demonstrated in our fine 4-0 thrashing of in-form Watford who had won 5 out of their last 6 games prior to meeting us.

Incidentally how many club chairmen regularly post and banter with fellow fans on their club noticeboards like ours do on the CPFC BBS and the Holmesdale Online and are open to new ideas and suggestions on matters relating to their club and its fans.

Our advance Season Ticket sales are up as well and so we are looking forwards to a bright future and financial stability after the dark days of administration and mis-management.

With all this in mind, and this is a serious question, why are your fans currently drifting away? With your team packed with future World Cup winners and the most progressive set of owners in Europe I would have thought that a tad more interest would have been shown by the locals...

Clearly not.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Incidentally how many club chairmen regularly post and banter with fellow fans on their club noticeboards like ours do on the CPFC BBS and the Holmesdale Online and are open to new ideas and suggestions on matters relating to their club and its fans.

Seriously? that sounds a bit non-league to me. :nono:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
With all this in mind, and this is a serious question, why are your fans currently drifting away? With your team packed with future World Cup winners and the most progressive set of owners in Europe I would have thought that a tad more interest would have been shown by the locals...

Clearly not.

It's a good point. I don't know. Recession? Kids in the Croydon area supporting Chelsea, Arsenal etc? Gates have been poor for about 3-4 years now, and haven't picked up with improved form this year.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It's a good point. I don't know. Recession? Kids in the Croydon area supporting Chelsea, Arsenal etc? Gates have been poor for about 3-4 years now, and haven't picked up with improved form this year.

Thank God. A normal Palace fan.

I think although you guys mock The Amex moving to a new stadium is your only hope in the long run. Our stadium is a money making MACHINE. The bars are heaving an hour before kick off and an hour after (not when we played you obviously!) - we sell more pies than The Emirates on a match day. We also provide top notch conferencing facilities etc throughout the week.

This all means we can compete now after along time away.

My fear for Palace is that it may get alot worse before it gets better - I think if you were to get relegated in the next few years without a new ground you would stagnate...

...and that would be quite funny!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Thank God. A normal Palace fan.

I think although you guys mock The Amex moving to a new stadium is your only hope in the long run. Our stadium is a money making MACHINE. The bars are heaving an hour before kick off and an hour after (not when we played you obviously!) - we sell more pies than The Emirates on a match day. We also provide top notch conferencing facilities etc throughout the week.

This all means we can compete now after along time away.

My fear for Palace is that it may get alot worse before it gets better - I think if you were to get relegated in the next few years without a new ground you would stagnate...

...and that would be quite funny!

I don't think that anyone with a brain really mocks the Amex. A bit of jealousy there no doubt.

I think the ticket initiatives and some more expansive football should bring a few more in, but Selhurst isn't the answer unless we can redevelop. Must admit I don't know what's going on with the proposed move. Very little I fear.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I don't think that anyone with a brain really mocks the Amex. A bit of jealousy there no doubt.

I think the ticket initiatives and some more expansive football should bring a few more in, but Selhurst isn't the answer unless we can redevelop. Must admit I don't know what's going on with the proposed move. Very little I fear.

I think the move away from Selhurst is the ONLY thing your owners should be concentrating on until it happens. All the man hours spent trying to decide on a new badge could be better spent I'm sure!!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think the move away from Selhurst is the ONLY thing your owners should be concentrating on until it happens. All the man hours spent trying to decide on a new badge could be better spent I'm sure!!
All in good time , im sure the 4 of our owners can multi task !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here