tips on getting rid of stray cats?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bluestt

Feb 18, 2011
cut a fresh lemon in half, squeeze the juice out a bit and then leave the lemon halves by the door. cats hate lemon. simples.

markw

Aug 28, 2009
I have had this problem in the past and none of the sprays, plants, powders, ultrasonic etc etc work... I was not going to let the cat win and tried this device and it was brilliant, they never came in my garden again and even when removed it was 3 months before they dared enter the garden. The first night i used it i had just gone to bed and heard it go off followed by a cat squealing and crashing into a wooden fence trying to escape.. This definately works .. BERMUDA PEST PATROL HERON CAT SCARER DETERRENT POND NEW on eBay (end time 30-Mar-11 13:43:05 BST)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Mrs had a problem with a cat getting under the cover of her mobility scooter a while back and leaving its stink of piss everywhere, we used half a dozen drops of lavender essential oil diluted in a spray bottle and sprayed the area the little shit kept pissing and no more moggy :clap:

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Leave a trail of Top cat food (whiskers or summin like that) That starts in your back garden and leads to your washing machine. Once he has fallen for your expertly masterminded trap, close the washing machine door behind him and turn on for a full spin wash.

That should do the trick

or leave atrail going to the middle of your nearest main road. A27 should work

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton

Attachments

• cat and grey.jpg
    cat and grey.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 182

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Get a bigger tom cat of your own. It will keep other cats away and go and shit in someone elses garden.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have tried many methods all with limited results. I have taken to using those Thai satay wooden skewers pushed into the ground spike up near the favourite scat dropping points. It seems to work a bit as they are quite sharp and difficult to see at night when most of the defecaetion occurs.
I may upgrage to full Viet Cong mode and put some Cat shat on the points in order to secure my green zone .

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I really cannot believe some of the stupid posts here
if you suspect he/she is a stray

try ringing this number
01273 422721
they will arrange to have him picked up

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
cut a fresh lemon in half, squeeze the juice out a bit and then leave the lemon halves by the door. cats hate lemon. simples.

Are you sure ? After having a swift G&T at home the other night, I left my half a lemon on the draining board. When I came down in the morning, one of my cats was licking the lemon quite happily, looked up at me as I walked in, and went back to the lemon. Maybe he was sucking the gin out of it !

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I've had a problem with cats for a few years (gravel front garden). Moth balls work extremely well and are also one of the cheapest deterents (better than all these expensive gels etc). I have no problem so long as I remember to put them down every few weeks as the rain does dissolve them. Good Luck and Good Riddance to the cats !

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Here is a weird one but it works. Cats tend to use the garden mostly at night when nobody is around. You shoul fill up clear bottles with water and lay them across the lawn, the cat will see its own reflection and scarper. You'll only need to leave them there for about a week and the cat should be so petrifed it never bothers you again

DanielT

fill up clear bottles with water and lay them across the lawn, the cat will see its own reflection and scarper.

Stick a few mirrors around instead? Read the other thread and my 2 favourites were these:

As a cat lover, i am appauled by this ........

Simple really,dig down about three inches below the surface, lay a metal net in it, cover with bark.
Wire the net up to the mains. Lay in wait. When the offending animal squats down to have a number 1 or 2, shove 240 volts up its jacksy.

befriend, it give it food, stroke it and play with it for a few weeks, then get some of the most lethal hottest chilies you can find cut em up rub them on your finger then when the cat next comes to your garden grab it and stick your finger up it's harris, after that the cat won't come back to your garden!

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Please be nice to the cats. The local Fox, or maybe the Preston Panther killed my cat last night. Bit the poor things head off and we haven't found it !!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I really cannot believe some of the stupid posts here
if you suspect he/she is a stray

try ringing this number
01273 422721
they will arrange to have him picked up

Isn't that the number for Wong Choy Chinese Takeaway ???

Only joking Glas :jester:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Go to your local garden centre & buy a bottle of green crystals - it's a name like buggeroff or sodoff and it's an excellent cat repellent. Smells pleasant and cats hate it. Sprinkle around the usual poo points and it will find someone elses garden instead. Costs about £4 and always works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports