Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tinnitus

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
had mine for years, hearing is OK (just had it tested) and it comes and goes my doctor in Wales says there is virtually nothing they can do about it and the one I have here (both very good doctors ) says the same .
both have said it is caused by the cocktail of drugs(prescribed) I take
I know it really does bother loads of people

Are you sure you are not hearing yourself purring?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Gotta love social media - someone published a technique for easing/removing the symptoms of tinnitus and it goes viral as it works incredibly well for so many sufferers of the condition.

https://np.reddit.com/r/WTF/comment...ghting_a_mortar_shell_in_their_garage/cv3474n

Those with tinnitus, try the following, it will be interesting if it works for anyone NSC with the condition:

"Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.Dr. Jan Strydom, of A2Z of Health, Beauty and Fintess.org."
Had mine for 9 years now and it's worth a crack :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gotta love social media - someone published a technique for relieving/removing the symptoms of tinnitus and it goes viral as it works incredibly well for so many sufferers of the condition.

https://np.reddit.com/r/WTF/comment...ghting_a_mortar_shell_in_their_garage/cv3474n

Those with tinnitus, try the following, it will be interesting if it works for anyone NSC with the condition:

"Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.Dr. Jan Strydom, of A2Z of Health, Beauty and Fintess.org."

Might as well try crocodile clips, connected to the mains, one on each ear. Or you could try slapping a cow-pat in your ear, while sitting in a tin bath of tomatoes.

What a load of old cock and bull. There is no cure for tinnitus, not real tinnitus (a ringing in the ears after a loud gig, for example, doesn't count). There are techniques - such as white noise to balance it - which in some cases may ameliorate the symptoms, but if you've got the real thing, it's staying with you. I have had tinnitus since the night of 15th - 16th October 1987, and I know I will never 'hear' silence again; I will forever have the sound of a cistern re-filling in one ear. Yes, it's bloody horrible, but the only available alternative is worse.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Gotta love social media - someone published a technique for relieving/removing the symptoms of tinnitus and it goes viral as it works incredibly well for so many sufferers of the condition.

I'll give it a go, I have a constant buzz, from standing too close to speakers over the years I expect.
It's a bit like listening to a radio which is not tuned to any station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here