Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Timeshift: Mods, Rockers and Bank Holiday Mayhem.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Was the book called "skinhead" by Nick Knight ? I suspect not actually as I have just dug the book out and the picture on the front is a skinhead from the back with hands either side of his head with Doug skin on one hand and *76* on his other hand ! It is a skinhead bible I can take a photo and post it or a page if you think it might b it. There is a picture of a skinhead in it who they discribe a member of the Fulham Firm and got to know him he was anything but, just Screwdriver security.... Not sure which would be worse to be honest... Complete nut job and he was my "this is England" mother fecker nearly had me... You grow up and understand there weaker and racist views are bollox. Sorry slightly off topic.

That 'Fulham Firm' t-shirt always makes me laugh when I look at that book, some dodgy head and neck tattoos also in there. :eek:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That 'Fulham Firm' t-shirt always makes me laugh when I look at that book, some dodgy head and neck tattoos also in there. :eek:

Your not wrong when he moved up north Del was a bit older than us and was like Combo from this is England to us he started coming to Psychobilly gigs and starting trouble with us once a bunch of right wingers turned up and all the Psychobillies beat the poo out of them in Stoke they never came back and we never saw him again at gigs as we think he arranged it, because we wanted nothing to do with his right wing B.S. One or two fell for it and yes I listened to his sermons as such, but they were subtle at first until you understood what he was trying to do....

Del claimed responsibility for the Nail bombs years later and the I even got a visit from scotland yard as I called in after the White Wolves claimed they did it and I recall him saying he was forming a "Street action" party and he showed me the design he wanted to go with. This may make me sound as though I was in to it, I can assure I was not, I knew very very well the girl he was dating and it did not end very well when she broke away from him and people got hurt including myself in a very bad way.

He can be found in America now spouting his vile rhetoric.

In short his was a blah blah blah....

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The level of camp is right up there with the Village People!
image.jpg
Talking of the Village People whenever I see this pic of the leather clad biker I think of Bladders when he grew his moustache for Movember :clap2:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Was the book called "skinhead" by Nick Knight ? I suspect not actually as I have just dug the book out and the picture on the front is a skinhead from the back with hands either side of his head with Doug skin on one hand and *76* on his other hand ! It is a skinhead bible I can take a photo and post it or a page if you think it might b it. There is a picture of a skinhead in it who they discribe a member of the Fulham Firm and got to know him he was anything but, just Screwdriver security.... Not sure which would be worse to be honest... Complete nut job and he was my "this is England" mother fecker nearly had me... You grow up and understand there weaker and racist views are bollox. Sorry slightly off topic.

Sorry been away. Also been looking at books online about skinheads and I cannot see it.
Its bugging me now so I am going to a bookshop this weekend and try to find it.
It was a close up of his face and no wonder he had a really distinctive evil face, if I ever find it you will see what I mean.
Maybe it was not about skinheads but more about football hooligans or bank holiday fighting.
I will find it though.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's a thing of immense beauty, as is the Vespa. I have always wanted to get white-wall tyres for my Vespa.

It maybe ascetically pleasing but they god dam awful things to ride.
There is no riding experience to them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Amazing to think that the mods and rockers from that time are now in their late 60's or early 70's if they're still alive.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Lambretta for me, TV200. Mod had more sides to it than just the scooter, Fred Perry, the Who, Dexys, Bombers, small clubs, Ben Sherman, unsigned soul artists, sta pressed trousers, style, hair designs, parkas, pork pie hats, lots of girls, dancing, 501s and the lifestyle,

I was a revivalist in 78/79 and found myself wrapped up in the intensity of the scene at that time and enjoyed the programme on the BBc. Why was did the revival gain such traction and spawn bands and an individual that has had longevity for over 30 years. For those of us entering our formative years in the 70s we grew up in an environment where the world was grey, little money around, the winter of discontent and three day weeks. Violence at football was a given and a lot of the music around was pants. I had mates who were bikers and there was no issue with them, I've even done Ace Café runs with bikers and there is no issue there. The problems we had in my day were with skinheads and a particular one called Beaky, I reckon the documentary was pretty good especially in identifying the media as a the catalyst to the bad press.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Lambretta SX 150 for me. RAF greatcoat, flares and Edgar Broughton, er fairly mixed up but did live in HH!

Lambretta for me, TV200. Mod had more sides to it than just the scooter, Fred Perry, the Who, Dexys, Bombers, small clubs, Ben Sherman, unsigned soul artists, sta pressed trousers, style, hair designs, parkas, pork pie hats, lots of girls, dancing, 501s and the lifestyle,

I was a revivalist in 78/79 and found myself wrapped up in the intensity of the scene at that time and enjoyed the programme on the BBc. Why was did the revival gain such traction and spawn bands and an individual that has had longevity for over 30 years. For those of us entering our formative years in the 70s we grew up in an environment where the world was grey, little money around, the winter of discontent and three day weeks. Violence at football was a given and a lot of the music around was pants. I had mates who were bikers and there was no issue with them, I've even done Ace Café runs with bikers and there is no issue there. The problems we had in my day were with skinheads and a particular one called Beaky, I reckon the documentary was pretty good especially in identifying the media as a the catalyst to the bad press.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
My Vespa is both a thing of beauty and a beauty to ride.

Then it has to be assumed you have not ridden that many variants of motorised two wheeled vehicles.

I have ridden vespa's, Lambretta, and various mopeds from NSU quicklys to puch maxi's and and motorcycles up 1400cc over a 35 year period.

I can assure you the geometry of a Vespa does not make it a " beauty to ride."
Its fine for cruising along up to 30mph in town but get it on a open road or round some twisties and it will unverve you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here