[Albion] Time Wasting

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
But at least our time-wasting was predominantly in keeping with playing football.

We weren't claiming head injuries when we lost possession.
This.
We kept the ball in play and didn't waste time that the ref could add on. I was waiting for Bart to fall down on the ball, but he never did.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Ironic that people like it when we do it but hate it when Villa or other teams do it. Its just part of football these days.
i think the difference is when we do it it tends to be at the end of the game. Some teams like to do it from the first minute almost! I see mothing wrong it taking the ball to the corner flag at 90 mins, not so much at 65 mins, and as others have said we dont (usually) spend five mins pretending someone has chopped them round the throat and are nearly dead

el punal

I think the worst case of time wasting, piss taking shithousery was when Wolves came to the Amex in December 2021. They won 1-0. Right from the off they conned the inept ref repeatedly. I have never seen so many head injuries in one match. Most of the Wolves players spent the match lying on the pitch as if they’d been shot. The officials were such complete useless spineless mugs that they fell for it every time. I’m still fuming about it now. :rant:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Maybe I missed a lot but I didn't see too much 'shithousery' in so much that yes we tried to run down the clock but did it playing football and keeping possession and surprisingly going long from the keeper. No real amateur dramatics and certainly no players falling over nowhere near the ball. We were no where near the levels of shithousery achieved by some of the teams I have seen.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep, and I have never classed that as time wasting, the ball is in play so it's fair play. The other stuff isn't really time-wasting either, it's called cheating
Quite.

Corner-flag time-wasting, is encouraging the opponents to compete for the ball, in a safe area of the pitch.
It's no different to a low-block.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
For this game I wish we’d scored in the first minute and shitehoused for the next 89 plus added time :smile:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Maybe I missed a lot but I didn't see too much 'shithousery' in so much that yes we tried to run down the clock but did it playing football and keeping possession and surprisingly going long from the keeper. No real amateur dramatics and certainly no players falling over nowhere near the ball. We were no where near the levels of shithousery achieved by some of the teams I have seen.
Agree albeit anyone (and I appreciate you’re only using in response to other post) but anyone that uses this new term “shithousery’ comes across as an uneducated twit. IMO, naturally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports