Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time Wasting

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Once treated a player with a head related stoppage should have to be off the pitch for the next four minutes, should stop the great pretenders and also protect players with actual injuries. Give the forth official something to do
Totally agree. A player holding their head must leave the field for a compulsory "head injury assessment" carried out by an independent doctor who then decides whether the player is fit to continue. The doctor's decision is final.

Works brilliantly in the egg chasing.

That will put an end to the dirty cheating (like the Ella Toone scenario recently)

SAC

May 21, 2014
I hate the idea of a stopped clock but am fine with additional added time as in the World Cup. There should certainly be concussion subs for anyone with a head injury.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Stop the clock.

Is football timekeeping set to change forever? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64762113

Always been a fan of this idea. It would completely remove time wasting from the game, except legitimate in-play options such as taking it to the corner flag.

60 minutes means 60 minutes. No more fergie time. No point faking a head injury, or rolling in the floor in apparent agony to kill a few more seconds.

It is a fair, modern and very doable solution to a type of cheating that is blighting the game.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Always been a fan of this idea. It would completely remove time wasting from the game, except legitimate in-play options such as taking it to the corner flag.

60 minutes means 60 minutes. No more fergie time. No point faking a head injury, or rolling in the floor in apparent agony to kill a few more seconds.

It is a fair, modern and very doable solution to a type of cheating that is blighting the game.
While I agree with the idea, a lot of the fakery, rolling around, going down as if shot by a sniper, etc is not just about wasting time. Just as important is that it disrupts the flow of the game especially if one team has a real head of steam going. We need to stop it happening in the first place if we can

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Players rolling around holding body parts should only be removed by stretcher bearers whilst the game continues, if the ball hits the bearers or stretcher then a free kick is awarded. I should be in charge!!

Last edited:

DavePage

Totally agree. A player holding their head must leave the field for a compulsory "head injury assessment" carried out by an independent doctor who then decides whether the player is fit to continue. The doctor's decision is final.

Works brilliantly in the egg chasing.

That will put an end to the dirty cheating (like the Ella Toone scenario recently)
unfortunately the head stoppage, no matter how much time is added, has done it’s job, by stopping the momentum.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It should be 90 minutes mean 90 minutes. Jesus, they can change half the team during a game now. How hard can it be.

As for stoppages, if a player goes down and stays down and the ball is either put out of play by one of the teams or the ref stops play then it should be mandatory that the player receives treatment and then needs to leave the field of play. Guessing Fernandez would be the one to spend more time off the pitch than on it!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After watching the second half of Bournemouth v Liverpool it's occurred to me we've been looking at the whole Fulhamgate! controversy wrong.

Naturally I was expecting Bournemouth to attempt to hang onto their 3 points by any and all shitehouse ways possible, but they didn't.

Or to me more precise they couldn't.

They couldn't because Liverpool were clean and tidy, stayed on their feet, didn't wave arms around and generally didn't give the ref any decisions to make.

We can't have it both ways.
Be rufty tufty AND expect the ref to wave play on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here