Time to wake up and smell the coffee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way, Lopez's Left Foot: enjoy the match tonight. Do you think you'll win?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I know there’s some deluded people on here that think we can still make the playoffs but I did a calculation this morning and if we are to hit the average points needed for a play off team (which is 72) we will need 1.70 points a game from now on. That is nearly automatic promotion form people, can you honestly see that happening from now on under Garcia?!

Last season we had 18 points from 12 games, a whole 4 more than this year, and we ended up 7 points clear of 7th. I'm not saying we will make the play-offs but it's a bit early to rule it out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I prefer tea in the morning

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The OP must be on his way to tonight's defeat by now surely?

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
If we'd have gone up we'd have been a laughing stock like palace.
Nowt wrong with a bit of head tennis and hoof in league one.
Less pressure, more fun.

Lopez's Left foot

Oct 21, 2013
So, you joined this month, this is your first post and you called Palace 'scum' to make it sound like you are a true fan?? Don't believe you!!

And if you are a real fan...what you say is complete and utter sh*t.

Bye bye troll have a nice life

What a :facepalm: response. So just because you don't agree with my opinion you say I talk shit or I'm a Palace fan?? Utterly pathetic.

Face facts, we are a poor side this year and the next few years are going to be a struggle, especially with the FFP constraints and our key men leaving as they will want to test themselves in the Prem shortly. Poyet going is also a huge blow, he was the main reason for our recent success.

Last edited:

Lopez's Left foot

Oct 21, 2013
What a sad pathetic attempt at trolling.

FWIW, check the records fo Reading a couple of seasons ago, they came up from the lower half of the division and made the automatic places. Also Palace last season, with Hollowhead as manager FFS, if they did it.... We have a perfectly good chance of making the playoffs as the likes of Wigan, Forest, Leicester, Leeds, 'Boro, Watford, Burnley, Blackpool, Charlton.

You think we have as good a chance of getting into the playoffs as the teams I have highlighted in bold? Seriously?? They are miles ahead of us all ready.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am perfectly aware that our chance of promotion are slim this year, so what? I'm just not that UPSET about it.

Lopez's Left foot

Oct 21, 2013
I am perfectly aware that our chance of promotion are slim this year, so what? I'm just not that UPSET about it.

If you're prepared to wait another 3-5 years before we get in a position to challenge for promotion again then fair enough. I'm not as I'm sick of waiting and I want Prem football, proud enough to admit it. We blew it last year and this year we have taken massive backsteps. I can only see it getting worse as our best players will not be around for much longer, they already have attracted Prem interest and surely will want to play at the highest level asap. I think we will stay up this season but next year could be grim :(

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If you're prepared to wait another 3-5 years before we get in a position to challenge for promotion again then fair enough. I'm not as I'm sick of waiting and I want Prem football, proud enough to admit it. (

LOL.

You're not prepared to, so what are you planning to do? Go to Smellhurst and watch them get stuffed every week?

:wave:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You think we have as good a chance of getting into the playoffs as the teams I have highlighted in bold? Seriously?? They are miles ahead of us all ready.

It's fair to say, that barring unbelievable odds, those teams will not all make it to the top 6, so there will be others who do. The trouble is I'm being realistic, you, however, are not.
We are 7 points off a play off place.
We are one win away from being above Leeds, Bournemouth, Blackburn, Ipswich, Wigan & Huddersfield.
We have 34 games to go.
There are 102 points left to play for.
We have a number of very good players injured, who wll make it back into the side in the not too distant future.

How can you be so negative about our chances? What is your mindset for attending a match? Do you expect (hope) we will lose when you actually go and watch the Albion (do you actually watch the Albion)? Do you know anything (useful) about football?

Oh, of course, you may just have an agenda, be trolling, or possibly even a Palace fan.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To all the people moaning at the more 'negative' poster's on here...I have one message for you! Get realistic and take off those rose tinted specs!!!! We are NOT getting promoted this season FACT. Can’t believe I am saying that as it’s only October but it’s true. And you all know it. 8 points from even getting into the last playoff spot and that team is Reading who are a quality side and will prob finish 2nd behind QPR.

I know there’s some deluded people on here that think we can still make the playoffs but I did a calculation this morning and if we are to hit the average points needed for a play off team (which is 72) we will need 1.70 points a game from now on. That is nearly automatic promotion form people, can you honestly see that happening from now on under Garcia?! We may even be involved in a relegation battle now unless we get some form fast and our next 5 games look bloody tough.

Face it…we blew our big chance against the scum from Selhurst last season, defeat to them and the ensuing fall out from Poyet leaving has set us back 3-4 years, maybe even more. Bridders will be off in January and other players will follow suit in the summer, I can’t see Leo wishing to stick around at a mid-lower table Championship side for long can you?? League One here we come when we should have been Premiership last year. It’s absolutely GUTTING.

Rant over.

1-4!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
To all the people moaning at the more 'negative' poster's on here...I have one message for you! Get realistic and take off those rose tinted specs!!!! We are NOT getting promoted this season FACT. Can’t believe I am saying that as it’s only October but it’s true. And you all know it. 8 points from even getting into the last playoff spot and that team is Reading who are a quality side and will prob finish 2nd behind QPR.

I know there’s some deluded people on here that think we can still make the playoffs but I did a calculation this morning and if we are to hit the average points needed for a play off team (which is 72) we will need 1.70 points a game from now on. That is nearly automatic promotion form people, can you honestly see that happening from now on under Garcia?! We may even be involved in a relegation battle now unless we get some form fast and our next 5 games look bloody tough.

Face it…we blew our big chance against the scum from Selhurst last season, defeat to them and the ensuing fall out from Poyet leaving has set us back 3-4 years, maybe even more. Bridders will be off in January and other players will follow suit in the summer, I can’t see Leo wishing to stick around at a mid-lower table Championship side for long can you?? League One here we come when we should have been Premiership last year. It’s absolutely GUTTING.

Rant over.

If we are within 5 points of the playoffs by Jan 1st, then we have some sort of chance I reckon.

Need results to pick up a bit though to get to that point.

D

Deleted member 22389

Once we get our players back we will have a better team that last season. The season is not over until it is mathematically impossible to reach the play offs. If we Win on Monday, and the week after we will back in the top half of the table. Another 3 or 4 wins after this and we will be just below the play offs again. I just have to look at Palace last season, and Reading the season before that to understand how things can change. We have had really bad luck with injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports