Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to take a gamble getting to the prem??

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The way I see it is that all clubs are in this position at some point in their history. It just so happens that we have recently invested in our facilities, we are not however spending millions on players and wages hoping to get into the Premiership, we are spending for things that will help us for a long time in the future. Once all the start up costs have been overcome I feel as though, based on sales etc we'll be a very well run club in comparison to most others in the top 2 divisions. Of course we're reliant on TB at the moment but that's what is essential to progress in modern day football.

Whilst I agree with what you say and trust that the outcome you foresee will transpire there is always the uncertainty factor to take into account when a club is losing money and is almost entirely owned and financed by one individual.

Wages of staff and players are the largest cost on the club's P&L and it is debatable as to whether they would need to be that high just to secure our place in the Championship. It could be argued therefore that TB is already taking a gamble in order to have a chance of promotion to the EPL.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Whilst I agree with what you say and trust that the outcome you foresee will transpire there is always the uncertainty factor to take into account when a club is losing money and is almost entirely owned and financed by one individual.

Wages of staff and players are the largest cost on the club's P&L and it is debatable as to whether they would need to be that high just to secure our place in the Championship. It could be argued therefore that TB is already taking a gamble in order to have a chance of promotion to the EPL.
All good points. I guess I feel more secure re finances because of the long time connection with the Bloom's and the club and Barber, although much maligned by some on here, seems to have very good credentials.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure with transfers and FFP but does it count when the deal is done or when the payments are actually made. Most transfers, well at least those involving large sums, are done on the basis of instalments.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not sure with transfers and FFP but does it count when the deal is done or when the payments are actually made. Most transfers, well at least those involving large sums, are done on the basis of instalments.

As I understand it and am ready to be corrected, if a player is signed on a three year contract, for instance, then any signing fees can be split across three years in the FFP accounts - four year contract over four years etc.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
From what i've read on here, 95% of BHA fans are totally against the Prem and everything it stands for and i would therefore presume that you don't want promotion.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From what i've read on here, 95% of BHA fans are totally against the Prem and everything it stands for and i would therefore presume that you don't want promotion.

Its a tough one indeed English football is slowly eating itself. Whatever happens the clubs stability cannot be put at risk..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Amassing? Greer is just about good enough at this level, el abd is barely good enough, if we want to challenge for promotion we will need another

The stats would suggest that our defence works well as a unit as only two teams have conceded fewer goals!!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The stats would suggest that our defence works well as a unit as only two teams have conceded fewer goals!!

Which is no good when we have injuries / suspension, we have a run of big games coming up soon, if we go into them with El Abd we will get torn apart

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No. Look at portsmouth ect. Live to your means. We will get there and when we do we will do it the right way and stay

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I want it and, luckily, so does our Chairman. Yes, there are some Brighton fans who long for Withdean...

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
For those who are constantly urging us on to promotion look at the situation Bolton are in,they are joining a number of clubs who have tasted the Premiership and are suffering the consequences, watching the Championship matches on TV within a year or two attendances decline rapidly, we have too much to lose.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I want us to get the the Premier League, but i don't want to see us jeopardise our stability for a shot at the big league. It's a tough one as we are only 3 players from being one of the best in the league - unfortunatey those players will not come cheap.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I sort of get it, but: anyone who's not excited by being goal-difference away from the play-offs, with Leo leading the line, Matt Upson & PIG at the back and Rohan Ince & Liam in Midfield does not need to be humoured IMO.

With the players you've mentioned we've got a great spine to the team that any fan should be happy with, But I just feel we're lacking the type of player who will create things and cause that buzz of anticipation and excitement when they get the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here