Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to Stop These Absurd Pretendances – Now!

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I really think some sad people need to get a bloody life.

Who cares? Tickets have been sold, some go some don't, worry about yourself!!! Aslong as we are making progress on the pitch - WHO GIVES A FLYING?

I do, because we are announcing crowds that aren't, and folk like to know the genuine figure. I'm not so sure our crowds are the biggest in the league now.

Anyway, as you said it, I'm off to the market to get a life...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Have to admit my seat has been empty & will be till I get home as my card is not left with anyone who can use it, which is what I normally do. I will make sure to make the same arrangement next time I go away. Can't wait to get back there soon & feeling more optimistic now.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
My seat has never been empty in three seasons, if I can't make it down from the west country a member of my Sussex based family makes use of it....free.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
And the empty seats in the Albion's Directors' Box was disappointing...... how about offering them to nearby 1901 bods at 2.45pm as a goodwill gesture (or better still non-1901 fans). Great bit of PR for the Club + the Directors can get feedback from their 'customers'. Just a thought.

Btw does PB still meet with supporters in the concourses in the lead up to KO and at half-time & after the final whistle? I think he did this in Year 1?
You're thinking of Ken Brown. Paul Barber wasn't here then.

I do, because we are announcing crowds that aren't, and folk like to know the genuine figure. I'm not so sure our crowds are the biggest in the league now.

Anyway, as you said it, I'm off to the market to get a life...
Biggest average reported crowd, after two home games in the Championship, so far, is ... Leeds United (28,599). Albion are second (26,123).

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Simple. Historically, crowds at football matches have always been reported, as one of the game's essential statistics. If these are now to be lost in a web of distortion and manipulation, this will be yet another indication of how money, rather than people, is all that matters in the modern game.

Seriously, get over it.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Maybe.

It's the school holidays. It's holiday time for families. It's not a mass boycott of games, in protest at failing to win at Leeds. And it's nigh on impossible to sell a spare ticket through any sort of ticket exchange scheme.

Exactly this. Out of four of us in our usual place in the North Stand, three of us were away on holidays on Saturday. None of our usual suspects were able to use our seats – probably because they were on holiday too – and the club's season ticket exchange was no use because there were still other tickets to be sold. So our 75% of our little section was empty.

No panic - we're all back this Saturday and I've no doubt 90-95% of ST holders will be there. Unless Millwall's naughty mob have put them off, that is.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Every time they read out the attendance from now on, it's going to fill my heart with joy knowing that some bobble hats are squirming in their seat because the number might not be accurate.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Every time they read out the attendance from now on, it's going to fill my heart with joy knowing that some bobble hats are squirming in their seat because the number might not be accurate.

flat cap me old son

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is it not something to do with sponsorship and marketing? It makes it more valuable if the commercial department can say that we get an average gate of 26k - the biggest in the league.

Other than that, it really is a meaningless stat for us to wet the bed about.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Oh when will this neverending trend of our support finding something new to wet the bed over end? Although its fairly symptomatic with society in general desperately looking for something to be offended/upset by.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't overly care either way but the literal meaning of "today's attendance" I've always assumed meant those attending on the day i.e. bums on seats, clicked through the turnstiles. Any other basis for calculation would be pretty meaningless and certainly not worth an announcement shirley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here