Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to stop announcing away attendance?

Should we stop announcing away visitor numbers?

• Yes. Stop announcing away attendance

Votes: 88 68.2%
  • No. Keep announcing away attendance

Votes: 41 31.8%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree - by the time we make the announcement the result is normally not in doubt. It makes us a little different & that is what Brighton is all about. Who wants to be a Reading?
So you think if we don't report the away attendance, we'll be Reading? Thankfully I think there's a bit more to us than announcing the away pretendance.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Pet hate of mine, if you are going to do it, wait until after the final whistle. Most of the happy clappers will have left by then too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just announce the attendance and away attendance on the big screens. That's it, job done.

I'll get shouted at but here goes.....

I quite like that we do it and that we clap them. I like that Albion are one of the most welcoming clubs to away fans. It's one of the things that anyone I bring to games seems very impressed with. Shout at each other all game then welcome them in for a pint afterwards. It's how it should be in my opinion. We are all human.... Except obvious exceptions, Palace etc.

Yep I agree - the hardcore on here probably won't but I think most Albion fans will continue to show respect to real fans who travel to back their team

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Show it on the screen. No announcements.

We could use bigger screens. I think the pitch screens and concourse tv sets are all too small. Penny pinching.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's meaningless. We only ever hit 30K when the away attendance is big, and telling Villa this only started them off singing gain, which helped their team. Just put the attendance on the screen and no announcement.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Who cares how many people turned up? A quick look round the ground will tell you all you need about how full the ground is. Its not even as if its an accurate figure.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'll get shouted at but here goes.....

I quite like that we do it and that we clap them. I like that Albion are one of the most welcoming clubs to away fans. It's one of the things that anyone I bring to games seems very impressed with. Shout at each other all game then welcome them in for a pint afterwards. It's how it should be in my opinion. We are all human.... Except obvious exceptions, Palace etc.

Well it worked well last night :facepalm: nearly cost us a point as it got their fans going and could have easily got their players to give that 1% extra and a goal with it. Last season showed how massive one point could be.

IT MUST STOP NOW

I cannot remember any away games where they announce the away supporters.

And as for the happy clappy announcer "oh aren't we clever its the biggest crowd of the season well done everybody I want to shake all your hands and kiss your cheeks" bollocks, its not about the crowd size its about the POINTS

And anyway the way their fans sung through the minutes silence was disgusting how anybody could clap them is very strange

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
In the ESU last night some people stood up to applaud the away fan attendance. I don't care if they announce the away attendance or not and clapping it is up to the individual however standing up to clap them is over the top imho.
FFS. :facepalm:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I think we should go the full Southern Rail and not announce anything at all. Why give out information that people can look up if they want to know, or that they ought to know anyway?
So lets stop announcing the teams, who scored, who's been substituted for whom etc (proper fans will know what they look like, and what their shirt numbers are, and it just gives the opposition something to cheer about). And while we're it, we don't really need the teams listed on the big screens along with symbols to show who scored a goal, who's got a red or yellow card etc. Why bother giving people bits of information about what's going on that they might be interested in? I just don't get it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
In the ESU last night some people stood up to applaud the away fan attendance. I don't care if they announce the away attendance or not and clapping it is up to the individual however standing up to clap them is over the top imho.

Worse in the family stand some guy stood up and bowed at them several times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here