Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Time to review your mortgage?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Happy New Year!

Mortgages have been in the news more than ever over recent months due to interest rate uncertainty at a time when we're all trying to find ways to trim household outgoings.

Whether you use a broker, or make your own mortgage arrangements, you should aim to start taking a look at options on the market 7-8 months before any existing deal ends.

Most lenders now have mortgage offers that last for 6 months, allowing borrowers to lock in a deal, protecting themselves from near-term rate rises.

If you are planning to move, are a first-time buyer or need some advice on buy-to-let mortgages please send me a pm or contact me via my website for tailored advice. As well as mortgages, I'm also able to help out with insurance products.

US/Gareth

Attachments

• Blue and White Mortgages newsletter.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 79

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
US has saved us a small fortune, in spite of the current financial craziness. We made it over the line just at the beginning of this month & we're saving money each month instead of paying more, & we couldn't have done it without US's help. Totally reliable & trustworthy; well of course he is, he's BHA through & through just like the rest of us - what more of a recommendation do you need? Cannot recommend him highly enough, seriously.

Cheers Gareth, Tim.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
US has saved us a small fortune, in spite of the current financial craziness. We made it over the line just at the beginning of this month & we're saving money each month instead of paying more, & we couldn't have done it without US's help. Totally reliable & trustworthy; well of course he is, he's BHA through & through just like the rest of us - what more of a recommendation do you need? Cannot recommend him highly enough, seriously.

Cheers Gareth, Tim.
...I felt I should add - as I kill time before the game after which I'll shut up - & I think it's very pertinent; me & the other half are a financial basket case; I'm a quite low earning self-employed & the partner is a very basic nurse (very talented, mind), & my work practically dissolved to next to nothing during the lockdowns yet Gareth STILL found & arranged a very good deal which has basically steadied our ship & then some, so to speak. Really, whatever your circumstances, it could be well worth your time dropping Gareth a line. Anyway, as you were. UTA!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I'm an accountant & do our households (& other peoples finances) totally fine. I've never used a broker before, but decided to this time as our mortgage deal expired in 2024 & I could see the turmoil on the horizon. Gareth / US got us transferred to a great rate that was held until we completed in april 2023, which is fixed for 10 years.

The rates were changing regularly & Gareths fee was well worth paying, as he sorted out all the applications & paperwork & ID requirements to complete- including managing a problem with different names on bank accounts & passports on our side..

So I'm sitting pretty with my feet up & can afford to live in my home for the next 10 years (as long as I don't lose my job or split up with the mrs - fingers crossed)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for the interest and kind comments. This thread will slide off now

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In today’s Telegraph, relatively good news. Mortgage rates peaked last November, new deal rates have been falling (regardless of the BoE) due to competition.

“Borrowers are in a much stronger position than they have been for some time, but only if they shop around.”

The price war has already knocked thousands of pounds off the cost of borrowing since mortgage rates peaked in November last year.

The average two-year fix has fallen from a high of 6.65pc to 5.43pc today – a saving of £153 in monthly interest, or £1,836 a year, for a typical borrower with a £150,000 loan.

Craig Fish, of broker Lodestone Mortgages and Protection, said lenders were rescuing fixed rates on a daily basis.

Mr Fish said: “When one lender announces a rate reduction, the others tend to follow. The rate war is well and truly on and it's now a race to see who is going to be the first to offer five-year fixed rates below 4pc.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here