Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to bin Hey Jude?

Hey Jude before kick off?

• Total voters

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Also why are the words for SBTS being put up on the screen again its so tinpot
Coz us dimwits who have memories like goldfishes mix the words up!! It takes a lot of my brain power not to sing 'going up to win the cup'!
Edit to add, that we are also gaining a fair few younger fans who can't hear/understand anything aside from the chorus because we mostly mumble the verses!

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
We're in a bit of a bad run. It's a Sunday 2pm kick off against a struggling side who don't exactly play the best football. Lots of new people/fans who don't normally come were there today due to tickets going on the exchange because of Mother's Day and people coming back from Rome. Compound that with the fact that it wasn't the most exciting of matches compared to some of what we have seen in the past 18 months or so, and the place wasn't exactly going to be rocking was it?!

Despite the reasoning, the atmosphere was shit today. There's no getting away from that. Whatever music there is pre or post match won't do too much to change that. If we built up the Hey Jude by playing the full version before the game and not just the crescendo then it might help the start of the game a bit. Wouldn't mind Don't Look Back In Anger being tried out post match after a win.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The whole build up stuff is utter crap. Time for FAN ZONE oh f*** OFF!!!!!

Thursday Great Escape loud louder and even louder

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Today, the crowd was flat. Maybe everyone's mojos were low after the last few results. However, after the lineups are announced, they rehash this song AGAIN just before kick off. It's so dull and doesn't get the crowd going at all. Today, all it did was get the Forest fans singing. We must do better.
Am I alone thinking this?
The whole pre and post match needs changing. There tends to be more participation from the away section than the home as you mention. Bit more fat boy slim wouldn’t be a bad shout, The clips on the screen could also do with an update as whilst it shows very important goals in the club’s history there are plenty of other key moments that would connect with todays fans and not just us oldies.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The whole build up stuff is utter crap. Time for FAN ZONE oh f*** OFF!!!!!

Thursday Great Escape loud louder and even louder
But that's really for the younger fanbase who clearly enjoy it. If the North Stand could muster a single chant before kick off it wouldn't be needed. If we're really lucky we get one chorus of "Albion" just before the players come out but we didn't even get that yesterday. If I were PBOBE I'd make a deal and say we will ditch fanzone if the crowd created their own amazing atmosphere from 15 mins before kick off but we know that won't happen.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But that's really for the younger fanbase who clearly enjoy it. If the North Stand could muster a single chant before kick off it wouldn't be needed. If we're really lucky we get one chorus of "Albion" just before the players come out but we didn't even get that yesterday. If I were PBOBE I'd make a deal and say we will ditch fanzone if the crowd created their own amazing atmosphere from 15 mins before kick off but we know that won't happen.
It seems ubsurd that fanzone drowns out what could be a fantastic organic atmosphere by blaring out until literally the very second the referee blows his whistle to start the game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Many are still drinking on the concourse until kick off. You can’t sing or start an atmosphere under the stand.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry but it’s safe and too nice.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
One thing I hate is the way sports marketing teams take music and totally destroy it. They have zero imagination. Freed From Desire after a deathly dull 1-0 victory is hardly the best choice.

What we need is someone on the decks with the authority to mix it up a bit.

I’d love to go back to Twickenham again, but one thing that puts me off is the RFU’s attitude towards music. Even more than Wembley, they blast music at the crowd in a bid to manufacture and control the atmosphere. The result has been the opposite. The crowd has been aurally bullied into silence.

Whenever I’ve heard our away crowd seize on a song I fear for it. Because if it catches on, you know someone in the BHA social media and marketing team will be planning on splashing it on instagram and blasting it over the PA.

They’ll come after GOSBTS soon. When the European Super League is here it will be seen as too regional.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Today, the crowd was flat. Maybe everyone's mojos were low after the last few results. However, after the lineups are announced, they rehash this song AGAIN just before kick off. It's so dull and doesn't get the crowd going at all. Today, all it did was get the Forest fans singing. We must do better.
Am I alone thinking this?
That’s all it’s ever done with all visiting support
The idea of a generic song before kick off is probably not the best idea really

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
There must be some awesome local songwriters around who can knock up a banging modern anthem for us like Arsenal (very impressive tune) & Liverpool have done

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The thing is none of our great atmospheres - Chelsea, Sheff Wed etc have anything to do with pre match music. They were organic. Which means it's up to us. Somehow we have to get the two singing groups together to get the stadium going then we can all sing along to whatever pre match music is chosen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brighton us famous for the mod scene, ska, has one of the most famous DJ's in the world and we play the same crap music that you can here at Northampton, Leicester or Mediterranean Cruises.
Totally agreed. We should lean far more into the culture of the city. The club should feel part of the city.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am in favour of getting rid of anything Beatles related, bin it and replace with our own song from the dude fat boy, maybe he can make a new one for us, incorporating sussex by the sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here