Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to be utterly ruthless

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nobody has or should assume we will win. However, to maximize our chances of winning we should keep to the same or similar team (Upson back in if fit) and attack them from the start.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We have two comparatively easy home games , there is still a doomsday scenario for the Forest game.

Disagree, the two home games are bloody difficult. Both scraping for their lives, will defend in group and try to hit us on the break knowing full well we struggle to break teams down who put 9,10 or 11 behind the ball.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Disagree, the two home games are bloody difficult. Both scraping for their lives, will defend in group and try to hit us on the break knowing full well we struggle to break teams down who put 9,10 or 11 behind the ball.

I disagree - we should be and are good enough to breakdown the relatively weaker teams in this league. We now have the formation and personnel to win these 2 games. To repeat, no tinkering (except bringing in Upson if fit) and go for the jugular from the off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Argus is reporting Upson and Buckley are both fit. Obviously Upson goes back in, but do you bring Buckers back, if so, who for?

Lualua - By all accounts Lualua didn't have a great game v Huddersfield. Was that him showing that he can't consistently perform well when starting, or was it just an off game?
March - Has had a couple of poor games since signing his contract. Is young and perhaps shouldn't be used so often, particularly at the business end of the season.
Lingard - Has found a bit of form, but wasn't on form v huddersfield, and is a loan player, perhaps 'one of our own' will be more invested so fight harder for it

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Argus is reporting Upson and Buckley are both fit. Obviously Upson goes back in, but do you bring Buckers back, if so, who for?

Lualua - By all accounts Lualua didn't have a great game v Huddersfield. Was that him showing that he can't consistently perform well when starting, or was it just an off game?
March - Has had a couple of poor games since signing his contract. Is young and perhaps shouldn't be used so often, particularly at the business end of the season.
Lingard - Has found a bit of form, but wasn't on form v huddersfield, and is a loan player, perhaps 'one of our own' will be more invested so fight harder for it

If Oscar thinks Buckley's OK to start, then he should. I'd also consider playing Lopez in the attacking midfield role: remember what he did in that position against Blackpool last year. I'd also like to see Ince back too, in place of Andrews.
March and LuaLua are due a rest, the former because he hasn't scored or (to the best of my knowledge) provided an assist in his recent run in the team, the latter because he's simply not up to starting so many games in a row. Lingard has to start. Hopefully a rotation will not only freshen up the team, and give the new players the chance to shine, but will also serve as a motivation for those rested players, who probably should come off the bench at some point.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
7 from 9 with him starting
I'd start him if he's fit, but he does tend to get tired after a few games, and there's not been much rest since the last game. Depends how much he's recovered.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I fear we may get complacent, again, given the points difference between the teams.
But still think a hard fought 1 - 0 is on the cards.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm just hoping we are 7 points clear of Ipswich and Reading by the end of our match v Yeovil.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A team fighting for survival often outperforms a team with the jitters going for the playoffs. I will be very pleasantly surprised if today or the Yeovil game are anything better than an uphill struggle with massive amounts of frustration being shown by fans and players alike :shrug:

Our best chance IMO is to forget the possession chess game from the start and really take the game to them from kick off, which should get the crowd behind the team making lots of noise. The longer we go without scoring the more confidence the opposition will get.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A team fighting for survival often outperforms a team with the jitters going for the playoffs. I will be very pleasantly surprised if today or the Yeovil game are anything better than an uphill struggle with massive amounts of frustration being shown by fans and players alike :shrug:

Our best chance IMO is to forget the possession chess game from the start and really take the game to them from kick off, which should get the crowd behind the team making lots of noise. The longer we go without scoring the more confidence the opposition will get.

Told ya :down:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Goal difference could still play a part. Tomorrow, we need a win but to be utterly ruthless from the start. The more goals we get the better. Use Ulloah as the fulcrum of attack but plan to use LuaLua and Lingard for only 60 minutes. Get them to explode from the start and then CMS and Hoskins or March to finish the job.

England women scored nine at the Amex - now there is a challenge.

Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack!

Nice sentiments. We did that, but the fulcrum was lazy and outclassed by journeymen centre backs, and the other elements of attack were hopeless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here