Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to back Aaron.....

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I can guarantee if Tony cancelled his contract tomorrow everyone on this thread would be on TB’s side saying he did exactly the right thing. Would anyone be sorry to see him go? No not at all.

Oooh good game! Let's post a silly hypothetical and then pretend that the predictable reaction to it will be the exact opposite of the real life reaction. Let me have a go....

If Charlize Theron posted up a bunch of nude pics on to NSC would anyone be sorry to see Bozza take them down? No not at all.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Oooh good game! Let's post a silly hypothetical and then pretend that the predictable reaction to it will be the exact opposite of the real life reaction. Let me have a go....

If Charlize Theron posted up a bunch of nude pics on to NSC would anyone be sorry to see Bozza take them down? No not at all.

Following (just in case)

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Imho..... AC is one of the most gifted players we have, he is a natural goal scorer and should be supported at this club until his form/confidence/consistency emerges in his game again.

He hasn't obviously covered himself in glory to date, like most maligned but talented footballers, they eventually produce the goods.... he will be worth a fortune in a few years, that prospect alone should be worth perseverance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just for clarity, what exactly is a "natural goalscorer"?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Imho..... AC is one of the most gifted players we have, he is a natural goal scorer and should be supported at this club until his form/confidence/consistency emerges in his game again.

He hasn't obviously covered himself in glory to date, like most maligned but talented footballers, they eventually produce the goods.... he will be worth a fortune in a few years, that prospect alone should be worth perseverance.

Nice to see AC" s agent finding the time to post on NSC [emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That would be a completely ridiculous thing to do. He’s an asset, why would we just give him away?

I expect this has been discussed already on this thread but maybe the main reason he hasn’t been sent on loan is because the club don’t trust his off field antics, and that they’d far rather he was here so they can keep some sort of an eye on him and keep him out of major trouble. Which makes sense.
Is he worth the hassle ??? he’s hardly at Greenwood’s level who’s been known to get himself into a few situations he probably shouldn’t.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Is he worth the hassle ??? he’s hardly at Greenwood’s level who’s been known to get himself into a few situations he probably shouldn’t.

He is worth the hassle now. Otherwise we'd be down to 2 strikers.

Greenwood is an unfair comparison. He's a player who will obviously have a long career at Champions League level and will score many goals for England.

You wouldn't need to be of that quality to be worth Brighton persevering with.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Surely if he was a natural goalscorer he would actually score goals?!

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
No flak from me, I just don’t think he has shown anywhere near enough to deserve a place. Loads of potential but he should be out on loan to a Championship team playing most games and building confidence and experience. Way too much pressure on him to be a goal scorer in a team that gives very little support between forwards. He would have buried that Watford chance when he first came on the scene brimming with confidence from his performances in the Under 23s or was it under 21s when he looked the real deal

I reckon GP knows more about footballer potential than everyone on this thread put together. So if GP picks him, then we should back Connolly and hopefully he will gain the confidence that strikers need.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
He will be playing for Whitehawk within 5 years

The worst thing that happened to him was that Spurs game.He turned into a big-time charlie and started to believe his own publicity

Well in that case the club have not handled him very well. There are players at League 2 sides who think they are God's gift and it is up to their clubs to keep their feet on the ground. We are talking about kids here...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I reckon GP knows more about footballer potential than everyone on this thread put together. So if GP picks him, then we should back Connolly and hopefully he will gain the confidence that strikers need.
That’s such a knobby fans thing to say, have an opinion I played at a decent level in my twenty’s played with some ex pro’s who just loved playing the game. I would be frustrated playing along side him he never looks up to see what’s around him. Head down and runs that’s his game from when I first watched him to date. His pace and that technique worked at lower level PL defenders are to switched on.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He needs a few lessons from Murray in the dark art of winning free kicks. He was a master at it. Connolly seems to just chuck himself to the floor at the slightest touch and the refs are now aware of this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He needs a few lessons from Murray in the dark art of winning free kicks. He was a master at it. Connolly seems to just chuck himself to the floor at the slightest touch and the refs are now aware of this.

Almost guaranteed that there's some kind of
match officials social media closed group where they swap notes on who are the divers and fakers to watch out for :lol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And the trouble is, he's not getting the ones which are actual fouls.

On the other hand he's far from the worst, see the entire Aston Villa squad, Zaha, Salah. They keep getting the free kicks

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

At the moment, yes. He's only 21 and has a few years yet to either come good or get sold to Crawley Town. People mature a lot between 21-25, we'd be mad to get rid of him now. It's up to the club to nurture him and give him the best possible chance to succeed. If he wants to throw that away chasing Love Island wannabe famous girls and getting into situations in shit nightclubs then that's his call. That lifestyle won't last very long if he ends up at Crawley.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My point exactly. My step son is a "natural goalscorer" at Sunday League level - he has found his level.

Maybe the Premier League is a step too far for Aaron Connolly... Only time will tell.

I do think Connolly is more of an instinctive finisher, like Murray, slight touch, flick, deflection or whatever, than Maupay . . . but thats a confidence game as much as any. his snatched sitter misser shots of late scream to me like a man under too much of his own pressure. I think he's capable but he needs to be 100 % focussed on his football and the club not some yo-yo knickers slapper and the tabloid life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here